Sponsored

Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok, so I thought I had fixed the signal issue but nope. Went for a spin and even though faults were cleared with JScan, it reset and is back to giving an error and hyperflash interior only.

@JP_Oracle can you please post a consolidated methodology for both JScan and Tazer? As it is right now, trying to figure out BSM and hyper flash again, I'm looking at 2 different JT threads, this thread and asking on the JScan Facebook group.

To recap.
LED with BSM
jScan.

BSM gives fault on start up. Hyperflash will clear when you turn off reporting but it comes back after the signal light has been used for x amount of seconds.

Can clear hyper flash following instructions that say to turn off error reporting.
No codes being thrown even after error messages get thrown out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
Sucks, they look so good and I was one of the first to get on the list for these months ago but immediately returned mine when reading the issues for OEM LED. After a few weeks those posts with issues seem to be increasing. Really cant believe they shipped these with known issues and didn’t wait for a fix, or have a notice at checkout for LED equipped JL warning there would be compatibility issues if you don’t buy a third party programmer. I’m only out 15 bucks on the return I guess.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sucks, they look so good and I was one of the first to get on the list for these months ago but immediately returned mine when reading the issues for OEM LED. After a few weeks those posts with issues seem to be increasing. Really cant believe they shipped these with known issues and didn’t wait for a fix, or have a notice at checkout for LED equipped JL warning there would be compatibility issues if you don’t buy a third party programmer. I’m only out 15 bucks on the return I guess.
I don't mind the errors if I could actually get rid of them with JScan. The BSM not working really isn't the end of the world either but I would like it to work. In saying that, Oracle customer service is great and I hope they can rectify these issues like they said they will. The lights look awesome as well. Returning for me would suck from Canada so that isn't an option unless I want to spend at least $50-$75.

Sponsored

ambri.cloud

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara EcoDeisel
I installed mine yesterday, My BSM is also not working very well, more so on the passenger side. I'm not super worried about it. I also have the fast blinker and tail light out message. For some reason I haven't been able to clear it with my Tazer, I'm going to mess with it more tomorrow. Overall I really like them
This is exactly what I am experiencing. Did anything ever resolve?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok. Not 100% if it worked but I went back out and messed with some more settings. I turned off LED all together, then I went into the US/Euro menu and shut down the error lights for the rear LEDs again. They were still showing as deactivated even though I was getting hyper flash and warning. Then I went back and activated LEDs back on.

I also did a complete scan where JScan found a shit ton of old faults. Cleared all of those and rebooted system.

Still getting BSM error. This time though, JScan sees it as the left BSM module so at least I can try to reseat that connecter again tomorrow.
It should be noted though that even though I have one BSM not working it shuts down the whole system so there is that knowledge for troubleshooting.

Took her for a spin and signal lights and they seem to be staying good. Time will tell. Tomorrow when it isn't as cold as a witches tit, I'll yank the lights again and look at the BSM connectivity.

@JP_Oracle just an FYI.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Ok. Not 100% if it worked but I went back out and messed with some more settings. I turned off LED all together, then I went into the US/Euro menu and shut down the error lights for the rear LEDs again. They were still showing as deactivated even though I was getting hyper flash and warning. Then I went back and activated LEDs back on.

I also did a complete scan where JScan found a shit ton of old faults. Cleared all of those and rebooted system.

Still getting BSM error. This time though, JScan sees it as the left BSM module so at least I can try to reseat that connecter again tomorrow.
It should be noted though that even though I have one BSM not working it shuts down the whole system so there is that knowledge for troubleshooting.

Took her for a spin and signal lights and they seem to be staying good. Time will tell. Tomorrow when it isn't as cold as a witches tit, I'll yank the lights again and look at the BSM connectivity.

@JP_Oracle just an FYI.
I'm not getting any error message for BSM, it's just rarely working for me

Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Guys with the BSM barely working, maybe try removing the "Oracle" plate and see how it works.
Seems to be software related. It works, then it doesn't immediately after. Then it works some time after, but immediately stops working again.

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Seems to be software related. It works, then it doesn't immediately after. Then it works some time after, but immediately stops working again.
Interesting. I assume you're "testing" by looking for the triangle on the mirror as you pass cars?

To be honest, while I was expecting some hiccups, the BSM not working out of the box isn't one of them.

Has ANYONE gotten BSM to work like OEM or at least better than 5%?
Sponsored