Mikecoffman911

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLURXR
Occupation
Engineer/Builder/living a great life!!!!
Your reply leaves me thinking you are not really up to speed so to speak in regard to the Tazer JL.
Just put the stock lights back on if you are selling it - provided Oracle has not come up with the fix
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Your reply leaves me thinking you are not really up to speed so to speak in regard to the Tazer JL.

Again, .... The wise and prudent Tazer JL user, will always unmarry and remove the Tazer JL hardware and reconnect the 2 SGW cables anytime/every time the vehicle goes into the dealership Service Department.. Even if it goes in for just an oil change or whatever... Because--- you never know when the/a Tech may decide to hook-up the vehicle to their WiTech ll computer.
I don't own one of that's what you mean but I have owned similiar devices.

So, let's say you're going in for an oil change. You pull all hardware related to Taser.

Tech starts working and for some reason, without being told (maybe a code popped up) hooks up to the OBD port to check the code. Finds the code and fixes whatever issue. Will he have known there was a Tazer installed?

Another scenario. Randomly decides to update firmware and does it without customer agreement or approval. Will he know there has been a Tazer installed?
After he does the software update he might see some odd stuff depending on what owner was doing with Tazer, of course. But in order for him to prove it, it is going to take some more digging.

What I'm not sure about is if the Tazer leaves anything permanent written on the jeep before or after the unmarry procedure. If it does, and there is any issue related to computer, I can guarantee you that FCA will find it if they're looking.

Now. If Tazer doesn't leave anything, then you're golden.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I don't own one of that's what you mean but I have owned similiar devices.

So, let's say you're going in for an oil change. You pull all hardware related to Taser.

Tech starts working and for some reason, without being told (maybe a code popped up) hooks up to the OBD port to check the code. Finds the code and fixes whatever issue. Will he have known there was a Tazer installed?

Another scenario. Randomly decides to update firmware and does it without customer agreement or approval. Will he know there has been a Tazer installed?
After he does the software update he might see some odd stuff depending on what owner was doing with Tazer, of course. But in order for him to prove it, it is going to take some more digging.

What I'm not sure about is if the Tazer leaves anything permanent written on the jeep before or after the unmarry procedure. If it does, and there is any issue related to computer, I can guarantee you that FCA will find it if they're looking.

Now. If Tazer doesn't leave anything, then you're golden.
@Dyolfknip74

This is Oracle Lights.... a Forum Sponsor''s thread. Thus, I d do not feel comfortable talking/teaching in regard to another Forum Sponsor's product.

Do a forum search .... you will find the answer's to your Tazer JL questions.. You'll learn why I posted what I did in regard to the Tazer JL, earlier in this thread.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

This is Oracle Lights.... a Forum Sponsor''s thread. Thus, I d do not feel comfortable talking/teaching in regard to the Tazer JL in this Sponsor's thread..

Do a forum search .... you will find the answer's to your Tazer JL questions.. You'll learn why I posted what I did in regard to the Tazer JL, earlier in this thread.
Feel free to PM, if I'm wrong, I'll edit for sure. I won't bother sifting through all the Tazer threads though. There are like 500 and 495 are yours ;)

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Had to demonstrate direct comparison to the original halogen tails.

Big thanks to Oracle for making a clean, competent execution, recovering the fender cut line and helping me ditch these offensive wastes of polymer.

FCA designers need to own this abomination, the fugly needs to be put up front, stared at and mocked openly with great disgust. The Mopar LED tail is marginally better than the halogen...

OEM Tails.JPG
Oracle Flush Tails.JPG
These tail lights make such a difference ! I am so very pleased with mine and everyone i know loves them. I had no issues with install, did it myself and only had to get rid of the tail out code with the Tazer. These function with the BSM on mine also :)

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
How long has it taken to show an error after install for those who have experienced the fast blinking and alert message? I just installed mine and went for a 10 minute test drive. No errors and normal blinking speed. I have LED (removed the Oracle resistor), BSM, and non-XR.
Nevermind. The test drive was not long enough. Mine is now doing the fast blinker and "light out" error. Oracle form filled out to be placed on fix waiting list.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Silly question about JSCAN. Does the bypass need to stay hooked up after programming is finished?

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Silly question about JSCAN. Does the bypass need to stay hooked up after programming is finished?
It doesn't need to unless you are leaving your OBD reader hooked up.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Where is the link to get on the list for the fix from Oracle when they get one?

I went back over 10 pages and didn’t see it. I forgot to save it when they posted it.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Not at all.
You don't even need the bypass cable to use it in Read only mode or to clear codes. It's only if you want to apply changes that you need bypass. Once your done, you can yank it.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in response here. To confirm what some other users have posted in this thread: Yes, much of what is on the JT Forum will carry over to these for the moment... as the vehicles are very much alike in terms of CAN/LIN BUS operation.

The ORACLE tails are brighter than the OEM LED tails - Inherently, that means more wattage. Some Jeeps (Not all) will see this difference in wattage and display an error message on the dash. This can be quickly solved with the JSCAN, Tazer, or another programmer which allows lighting configuration.

The good news is, we have been testing different non-programmer solutions for this and we are EXTREMELY close. You can get on a wait list to receive this solution free of charge by completing this form: https://forms.gle/BzUYkNamRzWuybqc9

Please direct all requests for this solution to this form. Please do not PM these requests here on the Forum.

Since this will not occur on all LED Equipped Jeeps, (This is operating system dependent) Lights must be installed and issue confirmed to be eligible for this.

To be clear, this is simply due to difference in wattage & the way some Jeeps are configured to detect errors. NOT a product defect.

Where is the link to get on the list for the fix from Oracle when they get one?

I went back over 10 pages and didn’t see it. I forgot to save it when they posted it.
Page 24

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
When I saw these lights I ordered them. A week ago I was stopped behind a good looking ‘22 dark grey Ford Ranger all tricked out. And the tail lights had that ‘C’ look. Just like these lights and a lot of other vehicles.

Oracle has great products and I will continue to buy them. These lights are definitely very cool. Just not very Jeep.

Cancelled my order.

IMNSHO

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
AFAIK, theat will only happen if you unmarry the Tazer. You would only unmarry it if the dealer was doing something to the computer. Once you unmarry just go in with wonky blinking and tell the dealer "I like the lights so !uch I put up with the hyperflash and error messages" they'd be hard pressed to say that "functioning" lights have voided any warranty. On what? The lights you took off? Lol.
a) you only repeated everything i said.

b) you didn't get the joke.
Sponsored