Sponsored

Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
How long has it taken to show an error after install for those who have experienced the fast blinking and alert message? I just installed mine and went for a 10 minute test drive. No errors and normal blinking speed. I have LED (removed the Oracle resistor), BSM, and non-XR.
for me I had an error in maybe 5 minutes of driving. so far completely gone using my Tazer
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I understand, the OEM LED Jeep is not designed to change the tail lights at all without programming for them. Likely your lights are malfunctioning because you have not programmed for them.

Install new tails. Put ignition to Run. Clear all DTC's. Toggle the LED tails menu to No then Yes immediately. full reboot and 3 sleep cycles. Start the Jeep and turn the left & right turn signals on for at least 20 seconds.
This is what I did with mine and so far its working fine. My BSM are not working though, Maybe 10% of the time they work.

GBV

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
This is what I did with mine and so far its working fine. My BSM are not working though, Maybe 10% of the time they work.
I too just got around to deploying the Tazer fix and the rapid turn signal and error message is gone, thankfully. But my BSMs no longer function. Hope @JP_Oracle can share a solution to achieve full functionality of the lights for those of us with the BSMs.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too just got around to deploying the Tazer fix and the rapid turn signal and error message is gone, thankfully. But my BSMs no longer function. Hope @JP_Oracle can share a solution to achieve full functionality of the lights for those of us with the BSMs.
Yeah for whatever reason my BSM isn't functioning either. I drove around 60 miles today and my passenger side never turned on, driver side maybe 2 times

Cycle11111

First Name
Alastair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport
Installed mine on the weekend. I had the Halogens so used the supplied resister (I had to add my own 3M tape). So far they are functioning extremely well - look great and super bright (reverse lights are whole new ball game vs the stock easy bake over halogens). Only oddity is the reverse screen shows a small red line for some of the time backing up which my guess is either glare coming from the reverse lights and the red tailight getting into the camera or some odd camera refresh sync - not a big deal just odd so far. They look great and were painless to install.

Sponsored

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I ordered mine without the safety group.. My question, is the BSM standard? Or will my jeep not have it. I could care less for it, do not want it. So if it comes without the BSM, will these Oracle lights install no problem and just have to use the Tazer to get rid of any other error codes or hyper flash? I did order the LED light package on my 2022.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine without the safety group.. My question, is the BSM standard? Or will my jeep not have it. I could care less for it, do not want it. So if it comes without the BSM, will these Oracle lights install no problem and just have to use the Tazer to get rid of any other error codes or hyper flash? I did order the LED light package on my 2022.
*edit
Looks like BSM is actually in the Safety Group not Advanced

If you didn't order the advanced safety group you won't have it. With or without it the Oracle lights will install no problem, the BSM just has you remove some screws, install the sensors and then put the screws back, you will have to use your tazer to get rid of the code and hyper flash

Last edited:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

BSM comes with the safety group and advanced safety group. Your OEM led lights won’t have it otherwise although it’s the same mold.

Your Oracle lights should work although you will get error codes on your dash and hyper flashing unless you have a programmer.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Had to demonstrate direct comparison to the original halogen tails.

Big thanks to Oracle for making a clean, competent execution, recovering the fender cut line and helping me ditch these offensive wastes of polymer.

FCA designers need to own this abomination, the fugly needs to be put up front, stared at and mocked openly with great disgust. The Mopar LED tail is marginally better than the halogen...

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Tails.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Flush Tails.JPG

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Not able to throw out a date just yet but we are very close. I have some parts arriving Monday to test.

JP......checking back in since a couple of Mondays have now passed since those parts arrived.

Can you provide an situational update on the "fix" you guys at Oracle are working on for the Flush Mount lights so those of us that don't have (or possibly don't want to spend money to get) a JSCAN/TAZER will have the ability to install ERROR FREE our new taillights?? Hoping by now your close fix is getting even closer...:)

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Can you provide an situational update on the "fix" you guys at Oracle are working on for the Flush Mount lights so those of us that don't have (or possibly don't want to spend money to get) a JSCAN/TAZER will have the ability to install ERROR FREE our new taillights?? Hoping by now your close fix is getting even closer...:)
it's not just people who don't own a tazer. if i use my tazer to trick the lights into working, then take the tazer off to go to the dealer, i don't need them hassling me about dash faults and lights not working and why the aftermarket lights are voiding my warranty.

the fix needs to be in the lights, not a 3rd party patch.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
it's not just people who don't own a tazer. if i use my tazer to trick the lights into working, then take the tazer off to go to the dealer, i don't need them hassling me about dash faults and lights not working and why the aftermarket lights are voiding my warranty.

the fix needs to be in the lights, not a 3rd party patch.
AFAIK, theat will only happen if you unmarry the Tazer. You would only unmarry it if the dealer was doing something to the computer. Once you unmarry just go in with wonky blinking and tell the dealer "I like the lights so !uch I put up with the hyperflash and error messages" they'd be hard pressed to say that "functioning" lights have voided any warranty. On what? The lights you took off? Lol.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
AFAIK, theat will only happen if you unmarry the Tazer. You would only unmarry it if the dealer was doing something to the computer. Once you unmarry just go in with wonky blinking and tell the dealer "I like the lights so !uch I put up with the hyperflash and error messages" they'd be hard pressed to say that "functioning" lights have voided any warranty. On what? The lights you took off? Lol.
@Dyolfknip74

The wise and prudent Tazer JL user, will always unmarry and remove the Tazer JL hardware and reconnect the 2 SGW cables anytime/every time the vehicle goes into the dealership Service Department.. Even if it goes in for just an oil change or whatever... Because--- you never know when the/a Tech may decide to hook-up the vehicle to their WiTech ll computer.

IF, a guy has concerns like mentioned he could do the Oracle related programming deed with JSCAN which is not married to the vehicle. With a guy that did this Oracle fix with JSCAN, he'd just leave things be so to speak, and take the vehicle into the dealership Service Dept.

Same owner could sell his JL and if the Oracle fix was done with JSCAN, he could just sell the vehicle and the new owner would have the Oracle fix..

Yes, a guy can concurrently use JSCAN and a Tazer JL.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

The wise and prudent Tazer JL user, will always unmarry and remove the Tazer JL hardware and reconnect the 2 SGW cables anytime/everytime the vehicle goes into the dealership Service Department.. Even if it goes in for an oil change or whatever... Because--- you never know when the Tech may decide to hook-up the vehicle to their WiTech ll computer.

IF, a guy has concerns like mentioned he could do the programming deed with JSCAN which is ont married to the vehicle. So with a guy that did this Oracle fix with JSCAN, he just leave things be so to speak and take the vehicle into the dealership Service Dept.

Same owner could sell his JL and if the Oracle fix was done with JSCAN, he could just sell the vehicle and the new owner would have the Oracle fix..

Yes, a guy can concurrently use JSCAN and a Tazer JL.

Meh, as long as hardware is removed, unless they're specifically looking for changes, they wouldn't be able to tell it was installed.
Could sell it like that and new owner would also have the fix just like JScan does it. Unfortunately that leaves previous owner with a useless Tazer unless they pay to get it unmarried.

But yes, don't leave all the extra hardware crap installed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Meh, as long as hardware is removed, unless they're specifically looking for changes, they wouldn't be able to tell it was installed.
Could sell it like that and new owner would also have the fix just like JScan does it. Unfortunately that leaves previous owner with a useless Tazer unless they pay to get it unmarried.

But yes, don't leave all the extra hardware crap installed.
Your reply leaves me thinking you are not really up to speed so to speak in regard to the Tazer JL.

Again, .... The wise and prudent Tazer JL user, will always unmarry and remove the Tazer JL hardware and reconnect the 2 SGW cables anytime/every time the vehicle goes into the dealership Service Department.. Even if it goes in for just an oil change or whatever... Because--- you never know when the/a Tech may decide to hook-up the vehicle to their WiTech ll computer.
Sponsored