Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I never left my driver seat to be honest and it seems to have worked for me
Good to know.
I wasn’t aware there was any sort of spacer or anything different from the OEM XR tail lights to non XR OEM tail lights. Can you elaborate?
Find a picture of an XR from the rear. You'll see.
Sponsored

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok sorry if this has already been stated but this is what I am dealing with currently.

2022 XR LED factory option

Installed the Oracle lights NO resistors and everything was fine… for a little while.

Now I get an error stating right taillight out, and sure enough it is not working at all now.

I do have a Tazer so can this be corrected if so what do I need to do and are the resistors going to need to be installed?

Please help as currently I have this new Jeep I can not drive with a taillight out and would hate to put the factories back on if the tazer and or resistors will correct this.

Once again sorry if this has already been spelled out before.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Ok sorry if this has already been stated but this is what I am dealing with currently.

Installed the Oracle lights NO resistors and everything was fine… for a little while.

Now I get an error stating right taillight out, and sure enough it is not working at all now.

I do have a Tazer so can this be corrected if so what do I need to do and are the resistors going to need to be installed?

Please help as currently I have this new Jeep I can not drive with a taillight out and would hate to put the factories back on if the tazer and or resistors will correct this.

It has, read through the comments, it's pretty easy.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You have to make sure to go into the clear DTC menu and clear the errors first. Then, do YES, NO, YES. Do x3 5 min sleep cycles.

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you doing it now, the sleep cycles are button twice no start the off open close door wait 5 minutes repeat two more times?

Thanks again!!

Sponsored

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Once again thank you, attempting to read all the messages from my phone was killing me. You guys rock!

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No errors any more after the procedure but still no right tail light or turn signal. Brake light and reverse are working.

I will repeat the process again tomorrow when it is a little warmer out. Wish me luck..

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No errors any more after the procedure but still no right tail light or turn signal. Brake light and reverse are working.

I will repeat the process again tomorrow when it is a little warmer out. Wish me luck..
[/QUOTE

I'd pull that one off and make sure the plug is locked in and there aren't any loose wires.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@HempelNet
The included resistors are intended for Jeeps that were originally equipped with OEM halogen (incandescent) tail lights. They compensate for the lower voltage requirements of LED lighting.

The resistors shouldn't be required for proper tail light operation when installing the flush-mount lights on a vehicle that was built with factory LEDs.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
How long has it taken to show an error after install for those who have experienced the fast blinking and alert message? I just installed mine and went for a 10 minute test drive. No errors and normal blinking speed. I have LED (removed the Oracle resistor), BSM, and non-XR.

Sponsored

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
How long has it taken to show an error after install for those who have experienced the fast blinking and alert message? I just installed mine and went for a 10 minute test drive. No errors and normal blinking speed. I have LED (removed the Oracle resistor), BSM, and non-XR.
Mine was instant.

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
OEM LED Jeep here. I’m actually planning to run the Tazer through its paces before driving off, immediately after installing the new Oracle tails, attempting to avoid getting errors at all.

Install new tails. Put ignition to Run. Clear all DTC's. Toggle the LED tails menu to No then Yes immediately. full reboot and 3 sleep cycles. Start the Jeep and turn the left & right turn signals on for at least 20 seconds. Will report next week on the result.

GBV

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
@JP_Oracle: just installed my tails a couple of days ago replacing my factory LED w/ BSM. Still need to rid error with my Tazer but I noticed my BSMs are not working at all. Lenses are clean and I even toggled BSM on/off via the head unit. Any thoughts?

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
@JP_Oracle: just installed my tails a couple of days ago replacing my factory LED w/ BSM. Still need to rid error with my Tazer but I noticed my BSMs are not working at all. Lenses are clean and I even toggled BSM on/off via the head unit. Any thoughts?
From what I understand, the OEM LED Jeep is not designed to change the tail lights at all without programming for them. Likely your lights are malfunctioning because you have not programmed for them.

Install new tails. Put ignition to Run. Clear all DTC's. Toggle the LED tails menu to No then Yes immediately. full reboot and 3 sleep cycles. Start the Jeep and turn the left & right turn signals on for at least 20 seconds.
Sponsored