Sponsored

Fluid Levels Low (Coolant / Power steering)

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
So on August 24th 2020 I took the jeep in to have the Clutch and other steering recall service performed. I asked the service guy about my coolant level which was low at the time and they topped it off along with my windshied wiper fluid (this is when engine was hot). Now 2 months later im doing my normal monthly inspections and see that my coolant and steering fludids are at the low point but i think its below the low point (this is when engine is cold). Should I be concerned about these levels being this low..or at least the coolant being this low after topped off 2 months prior?

If anyone can provide part number ill go buy the stuff and monitor for a few more months.

First image Power Steering, second image coolant.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fluid Levels Low (Coolant / Power steering) 20201029_203510
Jeep Wrangler JL Fluid Levels Low (Coolant / Power steering) 20201029_203610
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I wouldn't be too concerned since those pics you posted were w/a cold motor. I'd leave the power steering fluid alone, but might fill the coolant to that seam in the middle of the tank. You can use that universal coolant that's compatible w/ all coolants, or get the mopar specific. Never had any issues using the universal FWIW.

Last edited: