Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
@MORTON Jeff, let’s loop in Bob @operator22. I just met he and his wife today. Great people from Tampa Bay! They are very much interested in this 30 Dec ride. He’s got a sweet, brand-new sarge green Willys that we need to help him break in ;).

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, I'll not be able to get away on the 30th from the hospital to join.

Hope the ride goes wel!

Blue Skies guys

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Lol...... hangovers suck, it’s been almost 21 years, but I remember them like yesterday, lol. Yeah, would like to make it, but I understand if timing doesn’t work. Not any trouble up there to need a winch. But might want to put some kind of scratch resistant on your paint , lol.
So I’m guessing it still hasn’t been cleared? I’ll have to check in with my buddy who just got back I’ll report back. I think he went the other day.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m guessing it still hasn’t been cleared? I’ll have to check in with my buddy who just got back I’ll report back. I think he went the other day.
Jeff, I can bring my electric chain saw and ride behind the point man (or woman). Just let me know if I should bring it.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff, I can bring my electric chain saw and ride behind the point man (or woman). Just let me know if I should bring it.
Yeah you probably should just in case. Wouldn’t hurt anyways!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you probably should just in case. Wouldn’t hurt anyways!
Oh, also I’m now running a 12K winch with synth. Running towards the front with that and the saw may be a good idea.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They went up and cleared a bunch of it but there’s a lot still there. The wife and I are going up Saturday, we’ll map something out for you guys, in the event I can’t make it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, also I’m now running a 12K winch with synth. Running towards the front with that and the saw may be a good idea.
That’s an awesome jester, however you can get fined for that if caught. When they did the organized brush cut they had certain rules , and had to get permission from the higher ups.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
That’s an awesome jester, however you can get fined for that if caught. When they did the organized brush cut they had certain rules , and had to get permission from the higher ups.
Roky, thank you; good to know. I am now thinking that just having a saw in my Jeep could be problematic. Thoughts? I can see winching a tree off the trail, but not making clean saw cuts.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, thank you; good to know. I am now thinking that just having a saw in my Jeep could be problematic. Thoughts? I can see winching a tree off the trail, but not making clean saw cuts.
I don’t think it’s a problem having saw with you, and even using it in certain situations, like recovery, but cutting as much as you would have to cut, would draw attention.

Plus it would probably take an hour to go a hundred yards, lol. There’s usually no one out there policing but , if your luck is like mine, they’d be out there when I was cutting, lol.
Sponsored