Florida Mudtrail Moab Weekend Warrior

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I am in Winter Garden and tend to head out to Richloam/Green Swamp, Croom, and several local fun jaunts as Clermont is the "Mountain Region" of FL... There are some local spots for a quick hit and run not far away but most will prob be gone in a year or 2 as nothing but constant building of new subdivisions... In the pic attached you can drop into the trails just north of Clermont and enter via Sullivan road in middle of pic... It has an underpass for the Turnpike and other trails around Camp Lake nothing challenging but some good sandy hills to try...

Trails.JPG
Thanks. Went out to Citrus a few weeks ago. That was ok. And Tosahatchee WMF in Christmas is near me. Tosahachee is basically 12 miles at trails and is pretty nice for a day ride. It does get muddy. Citrus looks like it has some areas to play in, but I wasn’t going to do anything nutty by myself and no recovery equipment.
Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks. Went out to Citrus a few weeks ago. That was ok. And Tosahatchee WMF in Christmas is near me. Tosahachee is basically 12 miles at trails and is pretty nice for a day ride. It does get muddy. Citrus looks like it has some areas to play in, but I wasn’t going to do anything nutty by myself and no recovery equipment.
Totally understand... Croom is fun as it does have some places for you to climb and Richloam (see image) is more of the swampy stuff but it has miles and miles of trails... There are trails that are easy then you have the ones you don't know if that hole is 1' or 4' deep... I haven't done the Jeep Ranch yet as it isn't far either nor have i done the HardRock track in Ocala... One weekend i want to head out to Ocala National Forest...

http://www.outdoortrackandtrail.com/Statepages/FL/fl09004.htm

Capture.JPG

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I agree with most of the others here that you need to be sure your shop is talking about JL only items as a JL and JK are pretty much night and day... Also, as others have mentioned you would be better served going with 35's on 17" rims as that will allow better performance when airing down for offroad... This is a good step to achieve a great look and still get the experience without breaking the fuel economy bank since you use it for work as well... I also live in central FL and to be honest all of these are good but if you plan on heading out to the boggy stuff you better be sure to have a winch as if anything we tend to get stuck more in the deep stuff...
One other thing i noticed on your orig post that you would be using the J-Cal Flashcal Speedo Calibrator which is good and for a good comparison you should also look at the Tazer JL as i find it to be quicker and in some cases more intuitive...

good Video by [Banned Site] on Tazer JL:

zAutomotive
https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/
Sponsored