Sponsored

Florida Jeep People: Is It Generally Better To Order Out Of State?

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Did gupton also tell you that Daniel is on vacation a few weeks and likely won't be responding to things?
i ordered May 18th so I did not have this issue but I just emailed him a few days ago and he emailed me back within a few hour on my status. Not sure about new orders though. I’d definitely call because Renee might be able to steer you in a better direction cause I was unaware.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You guys in FL usually have a really high DOC fee compared to most States. A $800-$900 doc can equal 2%+ of invoice.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
So far I have reached out to the following folks:
  • Gupton Motors (Springfield, TN)
  • Tri-city (Eden, NC)
  • Crisswell Auto (Gaithersburg, MD)
  • Koons (Tysons Corner, VA)

Anyone else I'm missing that I should reach out to?

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
  • Tri-city (Eden, NC)

Reach out to Mike from Mall of Georgia. That might be closest for you from Miami. Mall of GA, Gupton and Tri-City have similar deal structure 5-7% on 4xe and 6-8% on other models with conditions. Also they have similar doc fees as well. I have interacted with Daniel and Mike (have an active order with him as well), and you can't go wrong with both. Read somewhere that Koons and Criswell have reduced their % off's recently.. PM me if you need more info

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
  • Tri-city (Eden, NC)

Check out the Amtrak Auto Train if for some reason you decide to go with Criswell. It runs between Washington DC and Orlando. You drive your car onto the train with you. Like a ferry boat but on train rail.

https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
  • Tri-city (Eden, NC)

I would give Westgate a shot, Raleigh NC. They were fantastic with me. I bought a bare bones Rubicon off the lot, which is what I wanted. They were the cheapest in the country by $6k at the time.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I would give Westgate a shot, Raleigh NC. They were fantastic with me. I bought a bare bones Rubicon off the lot, which is what I wanted. They were the cheapest in the country by $6k at the time.
They pretty much laughed in my face earlier this month when I asked about discounts off MSRP for my order. I was also shuffled off to the receptionist rather than anyone on the sales staff when I mentioned I was looking to order a 4xe.

I think they’re very much taking advantage of the current climate. They did have much more stock at the time than everywhere else I went — probably related...

I got out of them what I needed, anyway (an in person example of the color combo I was considering), but it was not a pleasant experience.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
They pretty much laughed in my face earlier this month when I asked about discounts off MSRP for my order. I was also shuffled off to the receptionist rather than anyone on the sales staff when I mentioned I was looking to order a 4xe.

I think they’re very much taking advantage of the current climate. They did have much more stock at the time than everywhere else I went — probably related...

I got out of them what I needed, anyway (an in person example of the color combo I was considering), but it was not a pleasant experience.
Westgate sucks on getting a deal. I've tried numerous times and my latest attempt on a JT was sticker minus any rebates. They basically said the rebate was their dealer discount, but tried to disguise it as their discount. The rebate is a pass through and no rebates on a JL. One of the salesman that I spoke to in person is a nice guy, but admitted to my daughter, "your dad knows a lot more about Jeeps than I do.:" I won't bother trying to deal with them again. I will continue to order from Travis @ Tri City in Eden.

@zrickety you must have caught them at the end of the month about to hit quota or something or maybe I suck at negotiating. lol

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Sorry to hear that. I spoke with Amber? and Jeff was my salesman. They had 2 in the spec I wanted, I gave a deposit over the phone and drove there a few days later. It was an 8 hour drive one way, I knew what I wanted. The Jeep was in a nice, large garage are in the back with others, all shiny and waiting for me. I test drove and then did the paperwork, was all done in an hour.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Westgate sucks on getting a deal. I've tried numerous times and my latest attempt on a JT was sticker minus any rebates. They basically said the rebate was their dealer discount, but tried to disguise it as their discount. The rebate is a pass through and no rebates on a JL. One of the salesman that I spoke to in person is a nice guy, but admitted to my daughter, "your dad knows a lot more about Jeeps than I do.:" I won't bother trying to deal with them again. I will continue to order from Travis @ Tri City in Eden.

@zrickety you must have caught them at the end of the month about to hit quota or something or maybe I suck at negotiating. lol
Yes, it was the end of the month. They had some great rebates, I qualified for everything except the veteran discount.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

All the local dealers except one were like, MSRP or nothing for orders, and that one was invoice and no FCA control. I guess there are enough people around here not willing to do any research. That… does not describe me.

I also ended up ordering through Tri-City. Will be fun to go up there — haven’t been to that part of the state since I went to 4-H camp in the 19mumble-ies.

I will say he hasn’t been particularly responsive (often taking a 2-3 days to get back to me via email) but I will not worry too much about that since it doesn’t much matter until my Jeep has been shipped.

When I told Leith I could order at 7% below invoice (and I know a sales mgr pretty well), they said take the deal.
Same, actually. I felt a little bad about it but it wasn’t personal. Would have gone with them had they been able to get close to Tri-City.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Travis is just swamped at the moment. He just got back from an extended honeymoon and has orders from all over the country. I was very patient on my last order and relied on Jeep chat more this time for updates. Yes, it all doesn't matter until the Jeep shows up. They used to do 30 cars a month, now they do a lot more volume. You can thank @ThirtyOne for getting the great discounts set up. He's my hero. Saved me a ton.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Travis is just swamped at the moment. He just got back from an extended honeymoon and has orders from all over the country. I was very patient on my last order and relied on Jeep chat more this time for updates. Yes, it all doesn't matter until the Jeep shows up. They used to do 30 cars a month, now they do a lot more volume. You can thank @ThirtyOne for getting the great discounts set up. He's my hero. Saved me a ton.
Yeah, I will be using Jeep Chat most of the time, except when they can’t/won’t give me details that he can see in their system. And I won’t feel bad about asking them every day, either! At the end of the day as long as I get timely communications around shipping and arrival at the dealership and I can pick it up without too much delay, all will be well. Who knows when that will be, though — I got gorilla glass. 😂

And thanks to @ThirtyOne!

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
I hit Jeep chat almost daily when it was on the train. Only Travis was able to tell me when it hit the W-S railyard. I had to time selling my daughter's car about a week before delivery.

Travis mentioned Gorilla glass specially as a hold up to being built. I would have jumped on it for $95, but I didn't realize it was even an option.
Sponsored