Florida Guy Happy But Frozen

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just checked the weather forecast here in L.A. Highs in the 70s for the foreseeable future but our mayor says we have to stay home! :(

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
True that! This time of the year I tease my northern friends and brag a bit, and complain about insignificant (to them) things. Itā€™s all in good fun! By the way, another front comes through on Friday. I donā€™t think we will see 80 here until maybe next week. We are in the upper 30s in eastern Sarasota County right now. Our dogs and cats are going apeshit!
Southern Arizona is experiencing a cold front as well. It is way to cold for December, I mean we are hitting the high 50's, but thankfully it will be low 70's (still a bit chilly) in a couple days. I can't wait for the 80's again. I guess my procrastination at clearing my side of the garage out to remove the hard top was smart. It is in the 30's at night here right now.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
man that must be really painful to live through a day like this and even the global warming isn't helping much the tropical garden , ... can I ship you some raccoon skins from Canada ? : )
I would like to request badger pelts.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhh poor Florida guys....if youā€™re not complaining about the damn hot sun UV @Roky

itā€™s ā€œboo hoo we got a cold day here down south, where we canā€™t take the top down

If itā€™s not bad enough we have to admire your damn pics during the next 5 months...now yā€™all wanna complain about a day of shitty weather?

1607021058548.gif
Hereā€™s a pic from today, working on the fence in my back pasture in shorts and t-shirt ;)

50E357B3-F6CD-490E-AE44-898143101382.jpeg

Sponsored

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Glad those tires worked OK. I have the same on my JLU Sport S.
i was wondering if I would need a more aggressive tread.
Worked great, but keep in mind my tires only have 6,500 miles on them so they're essentially new. Worn all-seasons don't work well in the snow as you know.

I only dropped into 4Hi once just to get started after backing out of my driveway. Note that I do not have the LSD. As long as you're not at a dead stop, the Jeep is supremely capable without 4x4. A quick drop into 4Hi gave me all the traction I needed from a stop.

Eventually I'd like to get a set of Rubicon take-off wheels and transfer my Michelins to those and then pick up a set of snows for the Sport S alloys. But I just haven't yet seen a cheap enough set near me.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hereā€™s a pic from today, working on the fence in my back pasture in shorts and t-shirt ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Guy Happy But Frozen 50E357B3-F6CD-490E-AE44-898143101382
Oh yea.....Well it was nice and sunny here yesterday too!! Sun was so bright I had to put on sunglasses...........The glare off the snow was tough to handle šŸ˜†

All kidding aside...Awesome stuff buddy, Iā€™m jealous! you guys get a ton of use out of your rigs!

hopefully to make up for all this ā€œSubtle jabs at us on the northern sides will help in a couple of months when I come calling for some advise on lifts and tires and what not.

That is if you and @Roky aren't working on your tans!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yea.....Well it was nice and sunny here yesterday too!! Sun was so bright I had to put on sunglasses...........The glare off the snow was tough to handle šŸ˜†

All kidding aside...Awesome stuff buddy, Iā€™m jealous! you guys get a ton of use out of your rigs!

hopefully to make up for all this ā€œSubtle jabs at us on the northern sides will help in a couple of months when I come calling for some advise on lifts and tires and what not.

Always have time for my Jeep buds.....:rock:......šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Jay, itā€™s all in good love, brother!

Sponsored

fsusp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher, Golf Coach
My grandpa had a ranch on the Georgia-Florida border, just south of Thomasville and about an hour east of Tallahassee. We all loved that place. We had lots of cold mornings duck hunting, and we got enough snow to cover the ground there twice during my childhood, but it was generally wonderful weather except July through September.

Grandpa also had 40% ownership of ā€œDog Islandā€ on the gulf coast, and 100 acres of oranges near Orlando ā€” back when all that land was near worthless, Stuckeys sold little plastic taps for oranges, and farmers didnā€™t mind a kid grabbing an occasional orange for free. That orange country was incredibly cheap when my grandpa bought it about forty years before Disney arrived... Florida must have been a truly magical place back then. Itā€™s was still magical for me in the 60s.... With the exception of Miami, which has been New-York-south since the 1920s, Florida had almost no crime and no traffic, but the hunting, fishing, diving, and spear fishing were fantastic. We also raced my uncles 1960s hot rods on the beaches and didnā€™t have to worry about people ā€” because there werenā€™t any people around.

Until I was sent back to Florida for training in 2004 I hadnā€™t been there since my grandpa passed in 1985. I didnā€™t recognize the place. Orlando had become a huge city with all the attendant problems. To me, it felt like New York. I didnā€™t hear a single southern accent until the end of the week when I returned my rental car... Iā€™m glad you guys love it, but Im sure going back there would be a heartbreaker for me. The population numbers and the stuff they show on the news make it seem like purgatory, but my memories are of a different Florida and Iā€™m used to living in the country. Iā€™m sure it would be different if I grew up in a big city out east.
I love Dog Island! We live in Tallahassee and launch from Carrabelle all the time. That is probably one of my favorite places, period.

The old shipwreck is still there!

Stay well! šŸ‘Š

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I love Dog Island! We live in Tallahassee and launch from Carrabelle all the time. That is probably one of my favorite places, period.

The old shipwreck is still there!

Stay well! šŸ‘Š
That's fantastic! Most people, including most native Floridians, have never heard of it. I haven't seen it in more than forty-five years... Back then it felt remote and there was almost no boat traffic. Great fishing nearby too, back in the day. :like:

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Damn! another day I have to wear long trousers. 66 tomorrow. Miss my shorts and flip flops. šŸ˜Ž

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Been in the keys for the last week in a rental JLUS. Doors and top were ditched immediately. Someone even ducked me in Key West. Perhaps they felt sorry for me as They came across the Jeep top and door less during the rain stormšŸ˜‚. It did get chilly towards the end of our trip for sure! Top didnt go on until night before departure...that poor rental Jeep sat thru several storms uncoveredšŸ˜¬
Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Guy Happy But Frozen 23E68467-3940-4098-A692-3BA8FFE96C86
Sponsored