First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
The first strong cold front made it to SW Florida yesterday. The warmest temp was at about ten AM; 56F, with a 15mph wind out of the NW. So...I removed my freedom panels and rolled down the two front windows for the 25 minute drive home on country roads.

It made me happy. I was grinnin’ like a mule eatin’ briars! T-shirt, shorts, flip-flops, Jeep ball cap. I froze my freaking ass off, as my driver window was facing north at 55MPH. Deaf in my left ear for a bit after, but smiling ear to ear.

When I got home, my wife asked what was wrong with me, because my face was red, and I temporarily had a frozen death-head grin. All I could manage through my numb frozen smiling grimace was “Took top off. Glorious!” Then I jumped in a hot shower to thaw out. 😆
Omg i feel you. Brisk air, florida sunshine, top down, heated seats on, steering wheel all warmed up... sweater cap on my head and offfffff into the wild i drive. Now a clear, sunny day is a true; yet typical, top off jeep kind of day, but the chilly, sunny days are my fav jeep days. Especially with a peppermint hot cocoa.... with the tiniest shot of rum "for health reasons" of course. Florida is beautiful!
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Heck you guys are getting Michigan weather. We will be in shorts and T-shirt until it is under zero. This is my last winter in Michigan........
Ted... I almost didn't recognize your profile pic, lol!

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Come on guys your killing me. We got 4 inches of snow yesterday!!!!
B578C759-021A-4FFB-A047-220021CC75F4.jpeg
Love it! How does the JL handle the snow? Asking for a friend who is still waiting on that first snowfall.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
To give you some perspective, this is what October looked like not far from here.

I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Guy Happy But Frozen 22F25867-7D7C-4A40-92FF-632C7362DB69
Ugh, that picture really makes me wish i had gone with the colored roof on my JL.

Sponsored

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
I loved the winter during the time we lived in Key Largo, it was great, just cool enough to make it fun. Winter here on Maui is also great, I actually wear a shirt with sleeves in the morning, with something on my feet. As soon as the sun is up I switch back to flip flops and tank top. For formal events I put on my clean flip flops and a clean tank top with no stains or holes. I love winter............on Maui

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I have to fly out to Colorado next weekend for a few days. Not so sure how I will fare in my normal sandals, shorts, and t-shirt. I may have to switch to my western boots, pants, and long sleeve shirt with watch cap...

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
The first strong cold front made it to SW Florida yesterday. The warmest temp was at about ten AM; 56F, with a 15mph wind out of the NW. So...I removed my freedom panels and rolled down the two front windows for the 25 minute drive home on country roads.

It made me happy. I was grinnin’ like a mule eatin’ briars! T-shirt, shorts, flip-flops, Jeep ball cap. I froze my freaking ass off, as my driver window was facing north at 55MPH. Deaf in my left ear for a bit after, but smiling ear to ear.

When I got home, my wife asked what was wrong with me, because my face was red, and I temporarily had a frozen death-head grin. All I could manage through my numb frozen smiling grimace was “Took top off. Glorious!” Then I jumped in a hot shower to thaw out. 😆
:: laughs nervously in New England's 31F at night ::

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)

My grandpa had a ranch on the Georgia-Florida border, just south of Thomasville and about an hour east of Tallahassee. We all loved that place. We had lots of cold mornings duck hunting, and we got enough snow to cover the ground there twice during my childhood, but it was generally wonderful weather except July through September.

Grandpa also had 40% ownership of “Dog Island” on the gulf coast, and 100 acres of oranges near Orlando — back when all that land was near worthless, Stuckeys sold little plastic taps for oranges, and farmers didn’t mind a kid grabbing an occasional orange for free. That orange country was incredibly cheap when my grandpa bought it about forty years before Disney arrived... Florida must have been a truly magical place back then. It’s was still magical for me in the 60s.... With the exception of Miami, which has been New-York-south since the 1920s, Florida had almost no crime and no traffic, but the hunting, fishing, diving, and spear fishing were fantastic. We also raced my uncles 1960s hot rods on the beaches and didn’t have to worry about people — because there weren’t any people around.

Until I was sent back to Florida for training in 2004 I hadn’t been there since my grandpa passed in 1985. I didn’t recognize the place. Orlando had become a huge city with all the attendant problems. To me, it felt like New York. I didn’t hear a single southern accent until the end of the week when I returned my rental car... I’m glad you guys love it, but Im sure going back there would be a heartbreaker for me. The population numbers and the stuff they show on the news make it seem like purgatory, but my memories are of a different Florida and I’m used to living in the country. I’m sure it would be different if I grew up in a big city out east.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm still working in my t-shirt when it's in the 50s. The same temperatures cause the Floridians to post pearl-clutching forum threads and Facebook memes. And so I know who I wouldn't want next to me on the battlefield, lol. (J/K).

I was stationed in God's Waiting Room the Sunshine State whilst on active duty, having PCSd there after two years in the cool bliss of the European theater (Third Air Force). The Panhandle had its compensations, to be sure, but my heart pointed toward home and four proper seasons.

There are days when I wish my Jeepin' was in warmer climes. There are other days when I'd want to be nowhere else on Earth. May we all be fortunate enough to enjoy the latter as frequently as possible. :like:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I have to fly out to Colorado next weekend for a few days. Not so sure how I will fare in my normal sandals, shorts, and t-shirt. I may have to switch to my western boots, pants, and long sleeve shirt with watch cap...
25 degrees this morning. Looking at 50's this weekend and 30's the following weekend. So that may be a good idea. :like:

Still, it's a dry cold. :sun:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
There are days when I wish my Jeepin' was in warmer climes. There are other days when I'd want to be nowhere else on Earth. May we all be fortunate enough to enjoy the latter as frequently as possible. :like:
Amen.

I’d miss mountains and seasons If I ever moved to a place that had neither.

These days Alaska looks mighty good, but I can’t persuade the wife to join me for that adventure. I’m sure gonna miss her. :CWL:

Just kidding. She’s my right arm. Grateful for that too.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Wherever you are and whatever the weather it’s fun to test yourself in the Jeep. My last jk rarely had the top on... in Colorado Springs. Damn great heaters!

High of 25 and snow today but not much.