Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
The first strong cold front made it to SW Florida yesterday. The warmest temp was at about ten AM; 56F, with a 15mph wind out of the NW. So...I removed my freedom panels and rolled down the two front windows for the 25 minute drive home on country roads.

It made me happy. I was grinnin’ like a mule eatin’ briars! T-shirt, shorts, flip-flops, Jeep ball cap. I froze my freaking ass off, as my driver window was facing north at 55MPH. Deaf in my left ear for a bit after, but smiling ear to ear.

When I got home, my wife asked what was wrong with me, because my face was red, and I temporarily had a frozen death-head grin. All I could manage through my numb frozen smiling grimace was “Took top off. Glorious!” Then I jumped in a hot shower to thaw out. 😆
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you, man. I drove home from work with the top panels off yesterday and it was freezing, but we'll get no sympathy from anyone up north, as it will be 80° in a few days
True that! This time of the year I tease my northern friends and brag a bit, and complain about insignificant (to them) things. It’s all in good fun! By the way, another front comes through on Friday. I don’t think we will see 80 here until maybe next week. We are in the upper 30s in eastern Sarasota County right now. Our dogs and cats are going apeshit!

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
My only clothing exception for dry daytime Florida winter temps with wind is a long sleeve T. I still stick with the shorts and flops for casual situations.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My only clothing exception for dry daytime Florida winter temps with wind is a long sleeve T. I still stick with the shorts and flops for casual situations.
Copy that..... my only difference in attire is work boots, lol. This is what we’re dealing with this morning, might be a sweat pants morning......🥶

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Guy Happy But Frozen C417966A-26E5-4A91-BFAE-CC57AAD62670

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Way up north in the Lower Alabama Pensacola corner we were a nice warm 26 yesterday morning and we a at 27 this morning. Heated seats and steering wheel feel pretty good.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Heck you guys are getting Michigan weather. We will be in shorts and T-shirt until it is under zero. This is my last winter in Michigan........

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
First winter in SW Fl and I came down here to get away from the cold weather lol. Saw a great meme that said "to all my northern friends, your weather is down here in my yard drunk - you need to come get it"
But it has been a lot of fun bragging about not winterizing the boat.....

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
First winter in SW Fl and I came down here to get away from the cold weather lol. Saw a great meme that said "to all my northern friends, your weather is down here in my yard drunk - you need to come get it"
But it has been a lot of fun bragging about not winterizing the boat.....
Matt, I was planning to give you a call today to see how y’all are doing. Thanks for bringing your weather down here! 😆

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Copy that..... my only difference in attire is work boots, lol. This is what we’re dealing with this morning, might be a sweat pants morning......🥶

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Guy Happy But Frozen B578C759-021A-4FFB-A047-220021CC75F4
Yes sir; I WILL put my work boots on when I go outside to work - or maybe socks with my sandals 😆

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
4" of snow, shoot we had 4" of hurricane all damn summer

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
42 deg. Got a fire in the fireplace this morning . (yes, I have a fireplace in S Florida.) :like: Born In Buffalo NY, but I've been down here too long to remember what cold and snow is.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
4" of snow, shoot we had 4" of hurricane all damn summer
Speaking of that Steve, we bought a Generac in March, from Lowe’s, before hurricane season. Final installation happens next Monday - nine f-ing months later!

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yah I use two portables, been doing it that way far a long time but the way my house is set up it works out real well, keep my beer cold and have AC and the wife has TV, cook out on the patio
Sponsored