First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
If you set the floor mats correctly thru the carpet then insert the plugs after that you'll have no leak problems either wat in or out! See video I guess, great mats IF installed as instructed!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Not sure about the Sahara, but on the Rubicon, the carpet is already cut and is being held in place by two tabs. Take a look at your carpet where the drain hole is. If the carpet is cut, pull out the carpet plug. The drain plug is located beneath that; pull it out and insert it in the floor mat.
The carpet should be already cut on top of the drain. It is held on by a small piece of each end, you can literally pull them apart with your fingers. Pull the drain out of the floor pan and install in the mat. Make sure when you put the mat back in you seat the drain into the floor pan.

KevinC
OP take a look at this link.

Installed! Thanks to this thread! And the rear is slick too because it’s in 2 pieces but locks together in the center.

Jeep Wrangler JL Floor mat drain holes 149DB285-03C0-47A2-A2B3-A19276A9C265

Jeep Wrangler JL Floor mat drain holes B2FF9486-42D4-4DA4-B06E-F41684D44C1B

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Have they revised these or have different versions because mine don't lip into the floorpan well at all, they just kinda sit on top of the drain hole.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Have they revised these or have different versions because mine don't lip into the floorpan well at all, they just kinda sit on top of the drain hole.
The mats I just got had little lips and lock into the sheetmetal hole. Had to work them in though.

Sponsored

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Latest version matts, would not stay locked in. Pressing hard set the lip, but checking days later, under the jeep, showed they had walked out. Added butyl rubber helped, still not worth the drain feature. Need to cut the drains off, replace floor plug, never speak of it again...

Reactions: LCW

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
There have been some design improvements to prevent water from leaking in, including the addition of a seal to the drain funnel. I haven't tested it, but it's definitely an improvement.
I have the updated ones with seal, still no chance of keeping water out in a creek crossing where water is above floor height :(

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Do all the Mopar mats have this drain hole? Is there a way to plug it?

--EDIT--

Never mind. Just read another thread and saw them.

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
This is from way back on 2018 when we installed the upgraded Jeep mats. I had noticed wet carpet after water crossings or even heavy rain. The fix (from this site but don't remember who recommended it) was to carefully trim the mat drain flush on the bottom, leave the stock drain plugs in the floor, then buy 2 new drain plugs and put those in the floor mats jut so it looks good. Now we have great looking floor mats and no leaks.
Sponsored