OP
OP
aug0211

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Got the stands and jack today. Very happy both both - quality seems great. Bled the jack and it’s nice and smooth.

A few questions:
1. Should I store the jack in the “valve open” position (release pressure/lower the jack) or in the “valve closed” position?

2. The stands have instructions in the manual and printed on the side “for safety” to push in a tab that locks the insert into the stand itself. It doesn’t seem to provide any stability, but means the insert could not be removed in the future. What’s the purpose of this? I’m curious about what it does for safety. Photos attached.

FAC02D8D-D435-4C63-9BC0-A19F711F8B39.jpeg

BFB4AF5F-0BF1-4F9A-8992-70DCF7D66930.jpeg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@aug0211

In regard to the floor jack... store with saddle down and the valve closed.

Doing this means the valve screw and piston rod will each be left in the retracted position... this is a plus... a plus, cause they don't get dirty (accumulate crap) or get rusty.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Got the stands and jack today. Very happy both both - quality seems great. Bled the jack and it’s nice and smooth.

A few questions:
1. Should I store the jack in the “valve open” position (release pressure/lower the jack) or in the “valve closed” position?

2. The stands have instructions in the manual and printed on the side “for safety” to push in a tab that locks the insert into the stand itself. It doesn’t seem to provide any stability, but means the insert could not be removed in the future. What’s the purpose of this? I’m curious about what it does for safety. Photos attached.

FAC02D8D-D435-4C63-9BC0-A19F711F8B39.jpeg

BFB4AF5F-0BF1-4F9A-8992-70DCF7D66930.jpeg
The purpose is that as it is you can pull the shaft out, easier for packing from factory. After you bend that little piece it will not come out all the way. You can’t over extend that way.

OP
OP
aug0211

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
store with saddle down and the valve closed.
Bummer. I have the valve closed currently but saddle up (with the pole in it as well), somewhat for space/convenience. Any major concerns with this?

The purpose is that as it is you can pull the shaft out, easier for packing from factory. After you bend that little piece it will not come out all the way. You can’t over extend that way.
Ok, so the safety aspect is to make sure I don’t pull the insert too far out of the stand and remove it? Trying to determine if that is worth it or not. I just don’t like doing things that cannot be easily reversed, and I’m not understanding the benefit of this quite yet.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@aug0211
I'm trying to picture how saddle up would provide better "space/convenience". 8-)

Leave handle on, saddle down and valve closed. .... .... .... You asked what was best right... 8-)

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Bummer. I have the valve closed currently but saddle up (with the pole in it as well), somewhat for space/convenience. Any major concerns with this?

Ok, so the safety aspect is to make sure I don’t pull the insert too far out of the stand and remove it? Trying to determine if that is worth it or not. I just don’t like doing things that cannot be easily reversed, and I’m not understanding the benefit of this quite yet.
It’s a non issue. Nothing will go wrong either way. You are over thinking this matter. Lol. As for the saddle, never seen anyone storing it in the up position. But if it fits, go for it. It’s not holding any weight so it makes no difference.

OP
OP
aug0211

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
@aug0211
I'm trying to picture how saddle up would provide better "space/convenience". 8-)

Leave handle on, saddle down and valve closed. .... .... .... You asked what was best right... 8-)
As for the saddle, never seen anyone storing it in the up position. But if it fits, go for it. It’s not holding any weight so it makes no difference.

Well, that was embarrassing. I definitely did not mean the saddle. Lol - my bad. The saddle is down. Geesh. I need to go to bed.

Thx guys!
Sponsored