floor carpet removal + interior rhino spray lining

campbellchris4

First Name
Chris Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited sport
With the way the carpet is cut and how its easy to get out, you'd think someone would create a MOD for this. A vinyl drop in of some sorts, kind of like a truck bed liner. I have a lab and the dog hair in this carpet is a pain in the butt. I'm interested to see how this turns out. Pretty simple to get out?
Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
rhino line was going to get done at some point. Im not a craze person, i dont care what anyone else does. the chips just moved it up. I drive without a top all summer so rhino helps with the weather. I do the inside of the jeep and the door openings. The door openings are where the rocks hit and caused the chips.

I see a lot of rhino lining done on the fender flares or the whole exterior of the jeep. I'm just confused as to how rock chips got inside the jeep? Do you mean the door hinges? I don't get it how rock chips get in the "door openings" , like the door jams?

Curious to see the finish product.

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
I’m surprised that you found a shop that was willing to do it at all. I checked into it with my jk and 2 shops turned me down flat due to the time it takes to mask off everything and all the electronics. The shop that would do it wanted $1200!!!

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 jk sahara, 18 sport s jl
I'm also having the bumper done, My last bumper looked great for about 3 months then started to rust, so i figured protect it in the begining and hopefully save me grief later on. This shop has done my previous jeep and 4 other friends jeep. You are right it is a pain to mask everything off. It will be around 900. to do everything I'm asking. The chips happened with the doors off. When the door hinge isnt there (doors off) to take the blow, the rock continues on into the rear door jam by the rear fender. As someone said earlier it makes cleaning simple and you don't worry about rain (once they make neoprene seat covers until then, I always carry big garbage bags for the seats. what can I say I'm a hill billy with a $40,000.00 toy)

Sponsored

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rock chips = sound deadening? I'm confused
covfefe awesome. just reading your name and seeing your pic, i need a safe space!!!!! jk the only thing that keeps me safe is strapped to my waist. thank you for your service. two separate problems one solution. instead of stones chipping paint it hits the rhino liner instead and protects the jams from scuffs getting in and out. some people get the kick plates, i rhino line instead. not sure if it deadens the sound any but it makes you not need weather tech floor mats.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
covfefe awesome. just reading your name and seeing your pic, i need a safe space!!!!! jk the only thing that keeps me safe is strapped to my waist. thank you for your service. two separate problems one solution. instead of stones chipping paint it hits the rhino liner instead and protects the jams from scuffs getting in and out. some people get the kick plates, i rhino line instead. not sure if it deadens the sound any but it makes you not need weather tech floor mats.
But you lined the interior and rocks hit the exterior...

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the rocks hit the jams and there being lined. I'm also lining the inside for easy clean up, rust protection, and not having to worry about being out in the rain.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
the rocks hit the jams and there being lined. I'm also lining the inside for easy clean up, rust protection, and not having to worry about being out in the rain.
But the inside is already painted, why would it rust? Can’t you just pull out the carpets and call it a day? Wouldn’t a slick painted surface be easier cleanup than a rough bed liner?

Sucram

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLUR
Occupation
Nerd Herder
can't wait to see the pics

Sponsored

Cornfed

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
How much did that cost you if you don’t mind sharing. It looks amazing

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
Looks good. You sure you want to put the carpet back in? Your choice of course but the lining looks good and is durable as hell. Plus, as long as your carpet is out, it continues to keep that 'new' look

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the cost is mostly labor. took full day to tape. $788 total. with 500+ being labor. I keep going back and forth regarding the carpet. JK was easy carpet wasn't meant to be removed.. JL has the pegs for easy carpet removing. I could unscrew the mounting pegs but then I would have a bunch of screw holes. You could try and sell the carpet but you get nothing for it.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I want to look into this once bartact sells the rear seat covers. Any day now...

But once I get the rear seat covers I’ll feel a lot more comfortable to keep the top off and get rid of the carpet. Also I assume dog hair doesn’t stick to the lining... I hope.
Sponsored