floor carpet removal + interior rhino spray lining

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
There’s a nice 2 part diy kit. I think it’s like $100 plus the material. I’ve seen it done at work and it turned out great.
Sponsored

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Bed lining the floor just looks so much nicer than leaving it painted. Besides the paint in the JKs was not good and had lots of bare patches with only primer. I took advantage and painted the roll cage at the same time. The JK roll cage wasn’t painted underneath the padding. I hated the padding because it was a dust sponge, but the green primer look horrible. I was very glad to paint it.

CCD9BAAF-0F59-44A9-A746-72E8E8FBAE28.jpeg

7DA9C6F1-489C-44D1-869D-3DE7F4A8214D.jpeg

5C9A1651-518F-48EC-BEF3-6765420A17B8.jpeg

068129FE-586E-4C67-B44E-718C4BF96A31.jpeg

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’ve taken a Jeep interior apart minus dashboard. Would still take this to a professional to get sprayed. I’m doing my interior first chance I get and exterior post first scratches. If it’s going off the beaten path than might as well protect for when it returns home to civilize duties.

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 jk sahara, 18 sport s jl
Im not sure how much weight it added but im sure it did. The rhino isnt a DYI because of the product and special equipment to spray it on. They do make DYI which work good. I used herculiner on my YJ inside and out. held up great. The labor cost was taping everything off. It didnt take long to remove the seats.

Sponsored

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Man those interiors look fantastic... I had this in my JK and I loved it. Will definitely do this to my JL, but that is going to be down the line. Cool to see some people taking it on this quickly

For those people who are having trouble understanding why someone would do this, let your Jeep get caught in a rainstorm topless or go through some water, and then wait a month and you will get it haha. No matter how dry you think you got your carpets... they aren't, and you will smell it. I'm not saying you have to do it, but it really does help. And now that you can easily take the carpets in and out, it is kind of the best of both worlds in my opinion.

For those thinking of doing it, research the brands. Line-x, rhino, monstaliner, raptor liner, all of them have their supporters and detractors. I personally chose monstaliner and was very happy with it, supposedly it is more UV stable than some others. This is mostly a concern if you go with a color such as spraying the exterior. I did the DIY monstaliner and thought it worked fine. There was a different spray gun I had to buy to use it, but I am not a painter, and I would say it turned out pretty good. I would not have the balls to do it on the exterior or my new JL though.

One comment on the sound deadening. I know these products do have some level of sound deadening, but in my experience, which the JL might be different, without reinstalling the carpets etc and just running bare liner, I heard road and mechanical noise from my Jeep much more than before. Did not mind it, and when you are topless and doorless what is the difference really, but that is my .02

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could find a price that good. I was quoted $900 if I bring it in with nothing but the driver's seat in, $1200+ if they remove/replace.

pmcgeejr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited Eco-Diesel (ready to order...)
Occupation
Network Engineer
Nice ! im thinking of raptor lining the exterior and door seals of my jl when i get it. waiting on word on the diesel model but may not be able to hold up seeing all these.

Sponsored

boomshakadracca

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
When I had my JK done I took out the rear and front passenger seatbut left the driver seat (had to drive it there ;)). The shop I had it sprayed at removed the console and drivers seat. I went over the rails in the tube, did roll bars and door sills as well. Back then (2010?) it cost me ~$400-500 and I was living in AZ then. Wondering what it will cost to have similar done here in WI........

I live in wi as well and would like to get a quote. Any suggestions on where to go for something like this?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I live in wi as well and would like to get a quote. Any suggestions on where to go for something like this?
@boomshakadracca, I had my JK done in Arizona when I lived there. I plan on checking out the few shops on the Madison area that do bedliners to get quotes. It only cost me $500 for the JK back in 2011 but I’m expecting to pay more than that here in WI as most shops do don’t do much in the way of Jeeps like they did in AZ

Last edited:

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
Looks great. How many cans did you use and how much did that cost you?
I got the 6 bottle kit from amazon, $108 with a spray gun. Used 4 on mine, did 3 coats in the high traffic areas

randyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
which one of these products offers the best sound deadening?

OP
OP

cgpratt

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 jk sahara, 18 sport s jl
still happy with the rhino coat and just mounted my bumper after rhino coating it. Bumper didn't fit and needed to do some fab but I think it turned out good.

20180627_152049.jpg

20180627_152257.jpg
Sponsored