FLIR of the Sahara, very "cool"! LOL

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Flir is cool technology. If I ever go back to night shift, I’ll buy a flir monocle for work.

Sponsored

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That’s cool but I’m pretty sure it’s thermal imaging! FLIR is the company the imager is made by. FLIR = Forward Looking Infra Red if I remember correctly. Either way awesome photos!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
What FLIR y'all using? Anyone try that one that plugs into your iPhone yet?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Why yes I did. I make my living inspecting substations, transmission lines, distribution lines, and industrial electrical equipment.
I am in Transmission/Generation Dispatch. I haven't used one of those thermal cameras since I got out of the Navy in 1999. I'm sure they are a lot better now.

Sponsored

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
I am in Transmission/Generation Dispatch. I haven't used one of those thermal cameras since I got out of the Navy in 1999. I'm sure they are a lot better now.
They certainly have come a long way since 1999. I remember the really old imagers that required liquid nitrogen to keep the detector cool.

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
The FLIR One is ok for someone looking to play around with thermal imaging and posting things on Instagram. The thermal detector doesn’t have a high enough resolution so there is a lot of detail lost. The thermal sensitivity isn’t that great and it is limited by the temperature range it can measure.

I have several thermal imagers. I most often use the FLIR T640, T540, T1020, and E95. I have a FLIR One, C3, & E8 but those rarely get used.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The FLIR One is ok for someone looking to play around with thermal imaging and posting things on Instagram. The thermal detector doesn’t have a high enough resolution so there is a lot of detail lost. The thermal sensitivity isn’t that great and it is limited by the temperature range it can measure.

I have several thermal imagers. I most often use the FLIR T640, T540, T1020, and E95. I have a FLIR One, C3, & E8 but those rarely get used.
Thanks for the info - and now I get your handle! :D Dang those T series cameras are expensive!!!

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’ve got one. They’re pretty neat. As someone else said, the are pretty rudimentary compared to something a pro would use for work. But the one I have has a thermal camera and a regular camera side by side. It combines the thermal image with a visible image so you can see the details of what’s going on. If I remember, I’ll do a video of my Rubicon engine warming up in the morning and post it