Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I've not extensively shopped racks. But this one doesn't seem to have any interference with the charging port, and claims a capacity of 300lbs.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock4x4-jeep-wrangler-full-length-roof-rack-j130926-jl.html
Thanks for this. I should apologize. I didn't fully communicate my needs; which I guess are more particular, but not, I think, overbearing.

I like, with my dual top option, to run a soft top and still have a rack. Best I know that only comes with rack mounts that aren't roof based. : - )

Still more, my current rack allows me to remove unused sections so, for example, I can run the Bestop Sunrider.

Of course gutter mounting and section removal is a design that need not be mutual exclusive. Arguably racks could have both.

Jocko

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Have you reached out to the manufacturer of your current rack? A lot of them are already working on 4xe mods for a bunch of their products, so maybe they are too? 🤞

OP
OP

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Have you reached out to the manufacturer of your current rack? A lot of them are already working on 4xe mods for a bunch of their products, so maybe they are too? 🤞
  • My rack is homemade. Designing for the 4xe driver's side cowl will be very difficult for me.
  • My rack, IMHO, is by design, the best of the LOD and Gobi rack features I like.
  • I made it myself because it was cheaper and I felt that each manufacturer's offering lacked things I wanted that the other had. For example, lifting your rack in the air to have to take the hard top down (Gobi) isn't my thing, and drilling the vehicle, even in invisible places (LOD) wasn't my thing---precisely for the reasons of trade in that compose this thread.
  • I'd gladly though switch to either brand for a 4xe, ideally the LOD one.
  • I've reached out to both vendors a while back. I heard Gobi has some modification in the works for the 4xe but don't know more, and I haven't heard from LOD--which isn't to say they aren't or won't make such modifications, particularly if demand is there.

@lodoffroad

Jocko

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Oh! Didn't realize it was home made. That's impressive! Best of luck. Wish I had more to offer, but I'll be rooting for you!

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement