Sponsored

Flipped Fox Steering Dampener hits tie rod?

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anyone else have this issue?
I installed a synergy SD relocation kit and my fox SD just barely hits the tie rod at full right turn. I’m assuming that’s just how it’s going a be?

ADE21792-A059-4F4B-AD11-1BEE545C43F6.jpeg

View attachment 275166
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
anyone else have this issue?
I installed a synergy SD relocation kit and my fox SD just barely hits the tie rod at full right turn. I’m assuming that’s just how it’s going a be?

ADE21792-A059-4F4B-AD11-1BEE545C43F6.jpeg

View attachment 275166
I had the same issue. I bought a Metalcloak axle bracket and made a couple modifications to get it to clear.

OP
OP
Jeepjunkie

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue. I bought a Metalcloak axle bracket and made a couple modifications to get it to clear.
Thanks, I’ll look into Metalcloak!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had the same issue and bought the steering smarts bracket to eliminate it, but now the bolt on the bracket hits the tie rod. I do have a new synergy tie rod to install which should eliminate all rubbing but I’m waiting for a new fox tie rod clamp since the synergy tie rod is only 1-1/2” diameter.

OP
OP
Jeepjunkie

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue and bought the steering smarts bracket to eliminate it, but now the bolt on the bracket hits the tie rod. I do have a new synergy tie rod to install which should eliminate all rubbing but I’m waiting for a new fox tie rod clamp since the synergy tie rod is only 1-1/2” diameter.
I just ordered the metalcloak axle bracket, as word302 suggested. It looks like it lifts the SD up, and away from the tie rod. I also like that the “eye” section through bolt of the SD is horizontal with the metalcloak bracket, and not vertical like my current system.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just ordered the metalcloak axle bracket, as word302 suggested. It looks like it lifts the SD up, and away from the tie rod. I also like that the “eye” section through bolt of the SD is horizontal with the metalcloak bracket, and not vertical like my current system.
that should work great for you.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What modifications please......:movember:...and could you help a brother out with a pic?