Flickering PRNDM shifter light

eric7576

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Trying to work out some glitches on my 2020 Rubicon with 2100 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated!!! It’s been to the dealership 3 times and they can’t seem to fix these 2 things. Any ideas?

1) the thermostat control doesn’t seem to work. I do have heat, but sometime the air temperature between 70-80 is cool, and sometimes it’s warm. This is always in manual, not auto. It just seems to be very inconsistent. They have replaced the head unit because they thought the problem was there. Still not fixed.

2) At night, when the dash lights dim when the headlights come on, my shifter light blinks. It’s annoying because it’s such a bright light. They replaced the shifter module, no luck. They thought it might be a bad signal coming through the head unit as well, no luck. Fuses are tight, no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you for any help you can offer! And I hope everyone is doing well, is safe, and is healthy!

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 7.30.42 PM.png
Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Taking my 2021 back in for no heat on auto this Monday. Nothing out the top vents at all unless been driving few hours and outside temps go higher. then I feel nice warm air from all vents, like it does on manual and all other jL's I had. will keep you guys posted!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
1) the air doesnt come out at the temperature you set it to. It will never work the way you think it should.

2) can you describe the blinking? is it irregular like a bad connection or a constant rate?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Blinking light is Morse Code. Your Jeep is talking to you.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Trying to work out some glitches on my 2020 Rubicon with 2100 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated!!! It’s been to the dealership 3 times and they can’t seem to fix these 2 things. Any ideas?

1) the thermostat control doesn’t seem to work. I do have heat, but sometime the air temperature between 70-80 is cool, and sometimes it’s warm. This is always in manual, not auto. It just seems to be very inconsistent. They have replaced the head unit because they thought the problem was there. Still not fixed.

2) At night, when the dash lights dim when the headlights come on, my shifter light blinks. It’s annoying because it’s such a bright light. They replaced the shifter module, no luck. They thought it might be a bad signal coming through the head unit as well, no luck. Fuses are tight, no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you for any help you can offer! And I hope everyone is doing well, is safe, and is healthy!

Jeep Wrangler JL Flickering PRNDM shifter light Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 7.30.42 PM
Any report on the crock on your bcr is binking. In English still blinking?

crackedconch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
My 2020 JLUR started doing exactly this at about 2500 miles, now I'm at 6500 miles. Dealer replaced the shifter and it stopped the flashing. But then the light would be on at FULL brightness at night and would not dim with the other dash lights. Had to put my ball cap over it to be able to drive at night. At other times the light would not come on at all.

2 more trips back to the dealer and they twice adjusted the pin tension in a shifter wiring harness. They said the pins were not staying firmly in the plastic connector and the male/female connections on the pins were not tight enough.

Now the Jeep has been in the shop 3+ weeks. Dealer has escalated the issue to the dealer tech support team. They were checking voltages on individual wires and sending those values to the tech support team. They replaced the Steering Column Control Module and that did not fix it. Now they are replacing the Transmission Control Module. Part is on order. More to come...
Sponsored