Sponsored

Flexible flame retardant PVC sheathing...where to buy?

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
None of the local shops have flexible flame retardant PVC sheathing for some reason. They all have the fiber sheathing, or the corrigated sheathing. I want to use what the build shop uses, but I can't seem to find any that's not cheap and fragile.

I took a chance and bought some through Amazon, but when it arrived, there were no markings on the material, so I decided not to use it. I don't want to risk buying some cheap sheathing that'll fall apart or not deal well with heat.

It's going to be used to run my Ham/GMRS radios to my 100ah LiFePo4 off grid power kit. Right now my Ham is connected to the engine battery, and I need to wire my GMRS. Figure I'd kill two birds with one stone and re-route them both.

I have everything I need except the flexible flame retardant PVC sheathing. 1/2" would do, maybe 30' or more so I have extra for future wiring needs.

Anyone have an idea where I can get some that's certified? With markings on them?
Sponsored

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I bought 25' of the 1/2" sheathing, and after some effort I was able to cover the power cables for the Ham and GMRS radios.

Not sure why both radios shipped with two 15A fuses, one on red and one on black.

I plan to use the two bottom left slots, each will have a 15A fuse...am I worrying too much? :)

It's 1AM and I'm running on fumes, night!

Jeep Wrangler JL Flexible flame retardant PVC sheathing...where to buy? IMG_2197 copy

Jeep Wrangler JL Flexible flame retardant PVC sheathing...where to buy? 1660452982979

Jeep Wrangler JL Flexible flame retardant PVC sheathing...where to buy? IMG_2233
Sponsored