Sponsored

Flat tow JL 2021 tail lights not working?

Eggbeater

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I have installed a Road master wiring harness PN 154 to my 2021 JL and the tail lights do not work when plugged into my RV. I have tested the RV lights with a external magnetic tow light and it works fine. What am I missing to get the Jeep tail lights to work with the RV. Seem straight forward wiring.

Thanks in advance for any help!

154 Universal Wiring Kit with four Hy-Power Diodes

Wire color from Motorhome four-wire flat wiring
Attach the yellow wire to................. Left turn/Stop
Attach the green wire to.................. Right turn/Stop
Attach the brown wire to................. Taillights
Sponsored

FLAirgunner

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paco the Taco (2022) & Willy the 2 Dr Willys (2024
Occupation
Retired
I noticed the same thing when towing our 2024 JL in the rain yesterday. Brake lights and turn signals work great but the tail lights do not come on when the RV lights are on. We have the Blue Ox wiring kit installed.

do you have the LED tail lights? Ours came with the LED tail lights as part of the Safety Package. Just wondering if it has to do with the LED tail lights?

I plan on contacting the place that did the install and see if they can fix it.

Al G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
I had a problem with my lights recently and it turned out to be the connector the umbilical cord plugs into on the Jeep. For some reason I wasn't getting a good connection. I put on a new connector and everything worked.

FLAirgunner

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paco the Taco (2022) & Willy the 2 Dr Willys (2024
Occupation
Retired
I had a problem with my lights recently and it turned out to be the connector the umbilical cord plugs into on the Jeep. For some reason I wasn't getting a good connection. I put on a new connector and everything worked.
Thank you. I spoke to the shop that installed the wiring kit and they want me to bring it in to test it. I will bring the umbilical cord with me and have them test it as well. I also purchased a 7 pin tester from Amazon to test the TV to ensure everything is working on that end. Thank you for this tip.
Sponsored