Status
Not open for further replies.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
One of the beauty's of owning almost every Jeep is their ability to flat tow from the factory....Assuming the JLU is no different I will be in the market for a front bumper that is capable of hooking up to a tow bar and also is winch capable. Anyone seen any products like this yet?

Doc
Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I asked something similar on the interior exterior technical section. I've ordered the steel option as I want to flat tow right away and will likely have something welded up. I want to keep it stock in terms of getting a winch in so I need to ensure I either install first or better yet make sure whatever is welded up won't cause problems getting the bumper off in the future.

My brother's JK is flat towed using the smittybuilt XRC bumper and adapters to attach, nice setup, but I'm not ready to replace my existing towbar.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
One of the beauty's of owning almost every Jeep is their ability to flat tow from the factory....Assuming the JLU is no different I will be in the market for a front bumper that is capable of hooking up to a tow bar and also is winch capable. Anyone seen any products like this yet?

Doc
I flat tow both my JK's behind my motorhome. My '11 is with the RR winch bumper and cheap reese towbar. My '17 uses a baseplate under the factory steel bumper. I'm certain we'll see after market for the JL pretty quick that will allow us to flat tow with relative ease. I can find a couple pics if you want of my current set ups. I'm they'll be about the same for the JL

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Any problems with it being lower than front bumper?

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any problems with it being lower than front bumper?
Not at all, my Towbar on my '17 was 1.5" lower at the jeep. Any more and I would've used a drop receiver on The moho to level it out. When I get back to my laptop I'll try to dig up a couple pics to post. My '11 is perfectly level

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
No sorry, I meant any trouble with the mount points on the Jeep when offroading - hitting anything I guess.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not in my experience but I've never been to Moab, at least not yet. On my '17 it does reduce the approach angle by a few degrees but not enough to effect any off road use for me. No ill effect on my '11 as the mounts are on the face of the bumper.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks SpyDJeep

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
Status
Not open for further replies.