Sponsored

Flashlights, where are you all mounting them?

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
So on my JK I had my Maglight attached to the bottom of the front seat frame but that's not possible with the JL. I tried a mount on the rollbar with the Smittybuilt flashlight holder but it seems to be getting banged when I lower the top. So where is anyone mounting their full size maglights? My second question might be are the full size maglights yesterdays news and should I be looking at smaller flashlights?

I love my full size light and you can use it as a club too if necessary ;)
Sponsored

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
I tried mounting mine on the roll bar in my JK, but being that close to the roof and in the Texas heat, it went through batteries fast. I keep mine in a backpack with other assorted grab and go goodies so that I can take it with me easily...

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
So on my JK I had my Maglight attached to the bottom of the front seat frame but that's not possible with the JL. I tried a mount on the rollbar with the Smittybuilt flashlight holder but it seems to be getting banged when I lower the top. So where is anyone mounting their full size maglights? My second question might be are the full size maglights yesterdays news and should I be looking at smaller flashlights?

I love my full size light and you can use it as a club too if necessary ;)
I was wondering this too and thought I’d give this thread a bump. Has anyone mounted one to the back of their seat?

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I use a SureFire Titan Plus. It takes one AAA battery and produces 300 lumen, (1hour), or 75 Lumen for 2 hrs, or 15 lumen for 7 hours.
I keep it in the small storage cubby between the seats. I can keep several AAA batteries in there and They all take up less room than a pack of cigarettes. As far as using the Flashlight as a club....well those days were gone 20 years ago. Get yourself a Concealed weapons permit to carry.
I would recommend any of the SureFire tactical lights from the single CR123 battery models up to the triple CR123 battery models. Those flashlights pack a lot of "Blinding" Power if you decide to use it for self defense....although they are way too small to hit anyone with. Great lights that you can depend on with your life.
Just throw yourself a small good quality light in your storage cubby and retire the old D-Cell Mag light.

Below is the link for Surefire Flashlights....but if you buy them......look on EBAY first. The prices on Ebay are much lower than on Surefire's website.

https://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/titan-b.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kadonny

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I use a SureFire Titan Plus. It takes one AAA battery and produces 300 lumen, (1hour), or 75 Lumen for 2 hrs, or 15 lumen for 7 hours.
I keep it in the small storage cubby between the seats. I can keep several AAA batteries in there and They all take up less room than a pack of cigarettes. As far as using the Flashlight as a club....well those days were gone 20 years ago. Get yourself a Concealed weapons permit to carry.
I would recommend any of the SureFire tactical lights from the single CR123 battery models up to the triple CR123 battery models. Those flashlights pack a lot of "Blinding" Power if you decide to use it for self defense....although they are way too small to hit anyone with. Great lights that you can depend on with your life.
Just throw yourself a small good quality light in your storage cubby and retire the old D-Cell Mag light.

https://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/titan-b.html
I was half joking on the self defense thing, but it's still nice to have a big hunk of metal if you ever need it. I already have my CCP so no worries there.

So I ended up using my Smittybuilt rollbar maglight holder on the rollbar right above the driver side rear seat. It hangs a little low, but I hardly ever have anyone in the back seat to it works for me. I can snap a pic and share it.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I keep one little TACTICAL flashlight in each front door bottom net--

That way they're both readily accessible !

W.E.

JIMBO

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Great, so when the NHP asks you to show what's in your glove box, you just DRAW YOUR SIDEARM AND BEGIN TO POINT IT AT THE GLOVE BOX, BUT you never make it--

W.E.

JIMBO
On my pistol.

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
Great, so when the NHP asks you to show what's in your glove box, you just DRAW YOUR SIDEARM AND BEGIN TO POINT IT AT THE GLOVE BOX, BUT you never make it--

W.E.

JIMBO
Jimbo, if they are asking you whats in your glove box, then you record prob shows you shouldn't be within a 100 yards of a school.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Not mounted, but I keep one in a fitted Molle flashlight pouch on back of the passenger seat.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
This is my favorite mount that I’ve seen so far, but with shipping it ends up being $52. I was in Bass Pro Shops the other day and came across StreamLight Flashlights, very similar to what @iznthesky recommended. It got me thinking it may be time to retire the big bulky Maglite. The Streamlights are small, super bright, and on Amazon, there are some models available for less than $52.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an Olight M2 Warrior mounted above my CB, which is mounted just above the rear view mirror. It's case is strapped to the mount bar. I also keep a nice Gerber Ghost knife mounted there, too. I'll try and get a pic today.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I tried mounting mine on the roll bar in my JK, but being that close to the roof and in the Texas heat, it went through batteries fast. I keep mine in a backpack with other assorted grab and go goodies so that I can take it with me easily...
I mount mine to the roll bar. Works fine- battery check every month. No issues.

E42B3389-706C-4774-BBDA-DF91A0ABB9F6.jpeg

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
In retrospect; this is a flashlight thread, earlier comments edited out.
Sponsored

Last edited: