Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Something I have been tinkering with, I wanted to mount a LED flashlight I have in the rear cargo area with factory screw. I wanted to make it sturdy yet easy to access, since this was specific to the type of Flashlight I used my 3D printer to assist (Designed in Fusion 360)

This is the Flashlight I have for the mount
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8TRYTL/ref=psdc_2445457011_t1_B07P9ZJ2D4

Let me know your thoughts and once 100% done with design I can upload the design so they can be printed.

Holder V1 v2.png
IMG_20191007_161015.jpg
IMG_20191007_161019.jpg
IMG_20191007_161127.jpg
IMG_20191007_200422.jpg
MVIMG_20191007_200424.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JO DYRT

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job!
Thanks, this is ver #3. I was tweaking the design slowly to get the best grip on the flashlight but not to where it would not break when removing it. I have some other ideas I want try with it as well.

I have been dying to get some 3D prints in my Jeep for something useful. This is #1

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
That's awesome!

Since you're looking at tweaking it a bit...
What if you hinged one side of the clamp and then held it closed with a rubber strap?

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
nice job on the mount! pet-g or abs ?

OP
OP
JO DYRT

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome!

Since you're looking at tweaking it a bit...
What if you hinged one side of the clamp and then held it closed with a rubber strap?
I could do that but it is nice and tight now, so I will roll with the clamp design right now. The tweaks I am looking at would be more toward the mounting on the Rollbar and such. but that is a good idea.

nice job on the mount! pet-g or abs ?
Current version is PLA+ but completed version would most likely be PETG

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I don't have much to add but I think it's cool, good job.

I only use the Milwaukee Red Lithium mini lights 'cause they're readily available, batteries are rechargeable AND removeable/swappable, and I've got other stuff on that platform like the headlamp (awesome for wrenching)

But yeah, figure out the most popular lights and print some JL brackets. Properly marketed, they'll sell.

Guys get cult-ish about flashlights and there's forums dedicated to nothing but, which baffles me but people should spend their time and money as they choose.

Me, I'm more concerned with battery platform and actual light performance is secondary, incl cost per lumen and all the other criteria they geek out on....

But seriously, nice work. Eventually machinists like me will be like 8-tracks because of 3D printing, and that's cool with me - time marches on!!

OP
OP
JO DYRT

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have much to add but I think it's cool, good job.

I only use the Milwaukee Red Lithium mini lights 'cause they're readily available, batteries are rechargeable AND removeable/swappable, and I've got other stuff on that platform like the headlamp (awesome for wrenching)

But yeah, figure out the most popular lights and print some JL brackets. Properly marketed, they'll sell.

Guys get cult-ish about flashlights and there's forums dedicated to nothing but, which baffles me but people should spend their time and money as they choose.

Me, I'm more concerned with battery platform and actual light performance is secondary, incl cost per lumen and all the other criteria they geek out on....

But seriously, nice work. Eventually machinists like me will be like 8-tracks because of 3D printing, and that's cool with me - time marches on!!
very true, Reason I got this flashlight was a have a larger that uses the same 18650 batteries and tech and it has been bulletproof for years. This one is very compact compared to my first one. its batteries will recharge with my current charger, but this one has a USB socket and can be plugged in to any USB to charge which I thought was handy. I will most likely be adding USB charger ports in the back near it so it or anything could be charged.

I have already added my Brawlee window light and ready to do some rewiring in the future, so it will tap into the dome and be switchable and the USB sockets will of course be part of that wiring.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah the new Milwaukee stuff charges w mini USB also which is handy, although I wish they'd go Type C - makes way more sense to me.

I like that the tool IS a charger OR you can buy a standalone charger and charge their batts, too. I'll often go thru 2 batts in my headlamp on a big project so I just go to my charger at the bench and swap batteries. Same batts also as my Milwaukee heated gloves LOL

I'm a Milwaukee fan boy but not trying to convert anyone - the die hard flashlight afficionados would never accept them anyway even if they made the best light on the market (they don't) because they don't have a name like Streamlight or *whoever*

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Something I have been tinkering with, I wanted to mount a LED flashlight I have in the rear cargo area with factory screw. I wanted to make it sturdy yet easy to access, since this was specific to the type of Flashlight I used my 3D printer to assist (Designed in Fusion 360)

This is the Flashlight I have for the mount
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8TRYTL/ref=psdc_2445457011_t1_B07P9ZJ2D4

Let me know your thoughts and once 100% done with design I can upload the design so they can be printed.
Great job, I love it. I guess with the top down you’ll not want to keep it there, though? It’d be awfully tempting for some jackass with flashlight envy to just walk away with it.

OP
OP
JO DYRT

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the new Milwaukee stuff charges w mini USB also which is handy, although I wish they'd go Type C - makes way more sense to me.

I like that the tool IS a charger OR you can buy a standalone charger and charge their batts, too. I'll often go thru 2 batts in my headlamp on a big project so I just go to my charger at the bench and swap batteries. Same batts also as my Milwaukee heated gloves LOL

I'm a Milwaukee fan boy but not trying to convert anyone - the die hard flashlight afficionados would never accept them anyway even if they made the best light on the market (they don't) because they don't have a name like Streamlight or *whoever*
My Cousin used to work Milwakee for a bit, never had any of their tools. I will keep that in mind and I know everyone has their faves including me so no worries.

Great job, I love it. I guess with the top down you’ll not want to keep it there, though? It’d be awfully tempting for some jackass with flashlight envy to just walk away with it.
Definitely would be storing that guy, when I take the top off. Thanks!