Sponsored

Flashing rear locker light... bad hall effect sensor? Jeep won't warranty, part not available for puchase!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
This is a 5 minute video that I made about changing the competent.

so they wouldn't cover this under warranty???

my 2021 just started doing this and have appt next week to drop it off....I can't imagine them denying this on a basically stock '21 JLUR with 12,000 miles:swear:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

my 2021 just started doing this and have appt next week to drop it off....I can't imagine them denying this on a basically stock '21 JLUR with 12,000 miles:swear:
They will cover it on a stock Jeep.

Sponsored

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
They will cover it on a stock Jeep.
well, i've put RCV half shafts in, and i'm gonna truss the stock housings,
and put in air lockers when i regear. i don't rock crawl, but i'd like
some dependability when i do back country stuff. i'm not going over
35" tires, and replaced drive shafts. enhanced steering knuckles will happen too.

my rear axle has a z locker workaround after my rear failed after a hot day
crossing nevada. heat kills them. and there is a spare z locker under the passenger
seat, in case it's needed.

my trust in jeep's reliability isn't all that good after 115k miles. i carry shit.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

It doesn't matter now that you can get the sensor kit. If you order it. You're going to get 5 sensors for the price of one. The procedure from jeep with them is they're numbered. Put in #1 and see if it causes a flashing light, if not, you're good and carry on. If so. If it casues a light, try #2 and so on.
I ordered the kit and got these instructions after I had already potted #5 and installed it with no issues. I just sold 2 of the sensors to a fellow forum member and he put in #3 I think and it worked fine as well.
Your mileage may vary but that's the fix if they're not going to cover it under warranty due to your mods.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
It doesn't matter now that you can get the sensor kit. If you order it. You're going to get 5 sensors for the price of one. The procedure from jeep with them is they're numbered. Put in #1 and see if it causes a flashing light, if not, you're good and carry on. If so. If it casues a light, try #2 and so on.
I ordered the kit and got these instructions after I had already potted #5 and installed it with no issues. I just sold 2 of the sensors to a fellow forum member and he put in #3 I think and it worked fine as well.
Your mileage may vary but that's the fix if they're not going to cover it under warranty due to your mods.
Are you saying that when you buy 68544629AA from Jeep you actually get five sensors?

thanks

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Are you saying that when you buy 68544629AA from Jeep you actually get five sensors?

thanks
I am.

Edit: I should also mention when they came in, I was at parts counter confirming it wasn't a screw up. There must be some sort of tolerance on the lockers and Jeep wants to be sure their techs can sort it out first kick at the can.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I am.

Edit: I should also mention when they came in, I was at parts counter confirming it wasn't a screw up. There must be some sort of tolerance on the lockers and Jeep wants to be sure their techs can sort it out first kick at the can.
That’s both encouraging and discouraging at the same time.

I potted both of mine so Im hoping it is never an issue.

Thank you for the reply.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
That’s both encouraging and discouraging at the same time.

I potted both of mine so Im hoping it is never an issue.

Thank you for the reply.
Ya, for sure. I have 2 left that I'll be keeping. There is no reason for them to fail after potting thought so I'd say we are good.