Flashcal vs Tazer

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Looking for feedback on the functionality and reliability of the flashcal vs tazer. I know there are other threads, but as there are frequent updates from what I’ve read, wanted a more recent comparison/feedback. I don’t need to know what they do...that’s easy enough to find, but more or less how they are doing what they are supposed to do etc. Had read something on an older thread about the Tazer causing conflicts with the ECM and/or FCA updates...any current problems along those lines with either unit? TIA
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@PsychoTrucker81

Both Superchips and ZAutomotive are forum sponsors.. Anymore, I try not to comment negatively or positively about either.

I was a Tazer JL fanboy since it became available.... and then had no need for a programmer so...

Tazer JL was first to market... first to have a programmer for the JL!

So, I'll let other forum member's chime in ...

I can tell you that most guys and gals on this forum, it seems, have gone with the Tazer JL. That in itself speak volumes.

Lots of hand holding on this forum by other Tazer JL users and also from Joe, the owner of ZAutomotive. Mostly crickets from Superchips...

Most of the programmer talk on the forum is in regard to the Tazer JL.

Also, not sure what your needs are but be sure to do a forum search in regard to JSCAN. You might very well, opt to use JSCAN for your programming needs. For sure doing so would save you lots of $.

OP
OP
PsychoTrucker81

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
@PsychoTrucker81

Both Superchips and ZAutomotive are forum sponsors.. Anymore, I try not to comment negatively or positively about either.

I was a Tazer JL fanboy since it became available.... and then had no need for a programmer so...

Tazer JL was first to market... first to have a programmer for the JL!

So, I'll let other forum member's chime in ...

I can tell you that most guys and gals on this forum, it seems, have gone with the Tazer JL. That in itself speak volumes.

Lots of hand holding on this forum by other Tazer JL users and also from Joe, the owner of ZAutomotive. Mostly crickets from Superchips...

Most of the programmer talk on the forum is in regard to the Tazer JL.

Also, not sure what your needs are but be sure to do a forum search in regard to JSCAN. You might very well, opt to use JSCAN for your programming needs. For sure doing so would save you lots of $.
Never heard of JSCAN, but if it really does all it shows in the demo mode on the app(just downloaded), that’s crazy!

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
$18 for the JScan software because you have to enter your vin. You don’t even need to leave anything plugged in. Once it’s programmed you are good. You can also buy more vins if you ever add another Chrysler product.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of JSCAN, but if it really does all it shows in the demo mode on the app(just downloaded), that’s crazy!
@PsychoTrucker81

A few guys on the forum have been talking JSCAN for a couple of months or so. Do a forum search, using the word "JSCAN" ... JSCAN is in it's infancy stage so to speak but it really can do a lot in regard to the JL.

Big one that JSCAN cannot do though, and the Tazer JL can do is to nix ESS. I have my doubts that JSCAN will ever be able to do so. MOST guys gals do not want ESS, so.... to bad JSCAN cannot nix it...

Anyway, as I mentioned much depends on your needs/wants as to the programmer you go with.

If I were in need of a JL programmer, again, I would go with the Tazer JL Mini, which I once had.

BEST bang for the $ though is JSCAN.
Research on the forum... you can get multiple vehicle use with JSCAN for cheap if you pick the right buy option for JSCAN.

I'm the techy type, so I'd enjoy fooling with JSCAN... maybe one day I will have the chance to do so.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
@PsychoTrucker81

A few guys on the forum have been talking JSCAN for a couple of months or so. Do a forum search, using the word "JSCAN" ... JSCAN is in it's infancy stage so to speak but it really can do a lot in regard to the JL.

Big one that JSCAN cannot do though, and the Tazer JL can do is to nix ESS. I have my doubts that JSCAN will ever be able to do so. MOST guys gals do not want ESS, so.... to bad JSCAN cannot nix it...

Anyway, as I mentioned much depends on your needs/wants as to the programmer you go with.
If I were in need of a JL programmer, again, I would go with the Tazer JL Mini, which I once had.
BEST bang for the $ though is JSCAN. Research on the forum... you can get multiple vehicle use with JSCAN for cheap if you pick the right buy option for JSCAN.

I'm the techy type, so I'd enjoy fooling with JSCAN... maybe one day I will have the chance to do so.
If you’re worried about ESS Rhine is correct that JScan doesn’t do anything with it. Other than that it is on par with Tazer.

OP
OP
PsychoTrucker81

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Flashcal vs Tazer 6D76D53A-A520-47D8-B74F-82A18AC42C3E

Thanks guys..looks like the JSCAN will do everything I need plus some. BTW, the demo on the app I just downloaded shows Auto start/stop is in beta...have either of you seen this?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

Thanks guys..looks like the JSCAN will do everything I need plus some. BTW, the demo on the app I just downloaded shows Auto start/stop is in beta...have either of you seen this?
They’ve been talking about doing something with ESS. I’m with Rhine and don’t expect it to happen. If it does I think a lot of people will jump ship from tazer and flashcal. By the way the customer service is top notch to. If you email them they usually respond within hours and 24 hours at most.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6D76D53A-A520-47D8-B74F-82A18AC42C3E.png

@PsychoTrucker81

Beta.... :CWL:

They don't have.... yet, and probably/undoubtedly won't ever.. time will tell..

Sponsored

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport

Enable off road pages... does this work on 7" radio?? hmm

OP
OP
PsychoTrucker81

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
One of the JScan developers insisted that if you enable Off Road pages on a 7”, pull stereo plug, start vehicle, shut off vehicle and repeat a second tome, it will load Off Road pages. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet...I’ll let you know

OP
OP
PsychoTrucker81

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I’ve gotten JScan and so far I’m happy with everything it can do, especially for the price. Also made the dash on my girls 2015 Overland think it’s an SRT lol

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I’ve gotten JScan and so far I’m happy with everything it can do, especially for the price. Also made the dash on my girls 2015 Overland think it’s an SRT lol
Their website is so limited on the capabilities, but the app shows tons and tons of features. A lot of them though I don’t know what they mean and don’t know where to go to look and find out
Sponsored