Sponsored

Flag Tail Light Guards - Which way to put passenger tail light flag?

rubicon13

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2019
I know the stars are supposed to be forward but for tail light guards with it being on the back of a vehicle does it matter?

For installing the tail light guards is option 1 or 2 correct, or it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_5372.jpg
IMG_5373.jpg
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I know the stars are supposed to be forward but for tail light guards with it being on the back of a vehicle does it matter?

For installing the tail light guards is option 1 or 2 correct, or it doesn't matter?

IMG_5372.jpg
IMG_5373.jpg
1 is correct. You'd only display the flag with the stars on the right if it was visible from the passenger side of the vehicle, anywhere else stars should be on the left.

OP
OP
rubicon13

rubicon13

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2019
1 is correct. You'd only display the flag with the stars on the right if it was visible from the passenger side of the vehicle, anywhere else stars should be on the left.
Thanks so much!

I'm excited to get them installed but with the JL since it's not a screw I wouldn't be able to easily flip it.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

IMG_5372.jpg
IMG_5373.jpg
Nooooo, 2 is correct, the star should always look like it was moving forward just like a soldier's shoulder patch. (No retreat)
2223.JPG

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/guest-bloggers/facing-forward-american-flag-appears-reversed.html
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/why-is-the-u-s-flag-worn-backwards-on-army-uniforms-3357002
Let's pay some homage to our boys in the military! (even though I'm Canadian:giggle:)
333.JPG

222.JPG

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
$.02
I would reverse #2.
I'm probably wrong though.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
$.02
I would reverse #2.
I'm probably wrong though.
It would be wrong. Only the passenger side windows/body panels would have flags with stars to the right.

The left rear and right rear tail lights positions would result in the same position of the flag moving forward, as they are the rear and not the sides.

OP
OP
rubicon13

rubicon13

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2019
It would be wrong. Only the passenger side windows/body panels would have flags with stars to the right.

The left rear and right rear tail lights positions would result in the same position of the flag moving forward, as they are the rear and not the sides.
Thanks I wasn't sure if because it was on the rear they both face same way. That's what I've been looking for!

I'm definitely not trying to disrespect.

I have had family members that have served!

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes

10-4
Sponsored