Sponsored

Fixing light scratches on plastic portion of painted fender

SGrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey All,

I took my JLUR out offroading a couple of weeks ago and caught the corner of a tree during my run (see attached pic). Scored some light scratches on the factory PPF film, fender, and black fender trim. I replaced the PPF film/buffed out the paint to take care of the scratches on the colored portion of the fender. I still have the light scratches on the black plastic trim. Any suggestions on how to clean these up?

I reached out to a local Jeep dealer to see if I could just order a new piece of that plastic trim, but they said I would have to get a whole new fender and have that painted (not sure if true, sounds like way too much for some light scratches). Anyone know if I could just swap out that black plastic trim or is the dealer correct?

I've also heard some people talk about using a heat gun vs sanding the area down and painting with some sort of black trim paint (such as forever black). Thoughts?
Jeep Wrangler JL Fixing light scratches on plastic portion of painted fender IMG_4985

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
Thatā€™s a true ā€œbadge of honor.ā€ šŸ˜‰

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
haha sure is! the (small) price you pay for unleashing the Jeep on trails!
Truth be toldā€¦Iā€™d do anything possible to fix it if it happened to my Jeep. šŸ¤£.

OP
OP

SGrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Truth be toldā€¦Iā€™d do anything possible to fix it if it happened to my Jeep. šŸ¤£.
Haha unfortunately I'm the same way. Want to have my cake (go off-roading) and eat it too (have my Jeep look pristine)!

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Hey All,

I took my JLUR out offroading a couple of weeks ago and caught the corner of a tree during my run (see attached pic). Scored some light scratches on the factory PPF film, fender, and black fender trim. I replaced the PPF film/buffed out the paint to take care of the scratches on the colored portion of the fender. I still have the light scratches on the black plastic trim. Any suggestions on how to clean these up?

I reached out to a local Jeep dealer to see if I could just order a new piece of that plastic trim, but they said I would have to get a whole new fender and have that painted (not sure if true, sounds like way too much for some light scratches). Anyone know if I could just swap out that black plastic trim or is the dealer correct?

I've also heard some people talk about using a heat gun vs sanding the area down and painting with some sort of black trim paint (such as forever black). Thoughts?
Jeep Wrangler JL Fixing light scratches on plastic portion of painted fender IMG_4985

Thanks for the help!

Just sell it. :CWL:

No, instead, get some WD40 on a micro fiber cloth and take all that out in about 3 minutes,
Sponsored