Sponsored

Fixed my key from popping out the Fob

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MacombRoger

S+ in black has been shipping for about 2 weeks now. Colored S+'s wlii ship around 11/22.
Sponsored

Nash_Dj

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler WILLYS 2021
All a guy/gal has to do is change the tension of the key. Takes about 5 min. to do and is easily easily reversible. After tension is changed the key open and closes like a gravity knife and never pops open inadvertently. (No way would I glue the key closed - laughable).
I do not know why a drop of a hot glue is "laughable" for you. I did it on my both FOBs and it works, it does no damage, the key is available if/when needed... And it is no cost solution, keeping the OEM look...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not know why a drop of a hot glue is "laughable" for you. I did it on my both FOBs and it works, it does no damage, the key is available if/when needed... And it is no cost solution, keeping the OEM look...
@Nash_Dj
@Nash_Dj

In less then 5 min. you can detention the key... no need to glue it, restrain the key with duct tape, cover the whole stock fob with a metal cover or a plastic case...

I as you can laugh at / find laughable, anything we want to....

Nash_Dj

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Nash_Dj

@Nash_Dj

In less then 5 min. you can detention the key... no need to glue it, restrain the key with duct tape, cover the whole stock fob with a metal cover or a plastic case...

I as you can laugh at / find laughable, anything we want to....

OK Karen, you can laugh as much as you want, but please do not tutor people on your opinions...
My hot glue is beatufilly working without any damage, it is clean, no cost and effective.

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
I bought key holders from amazon, no more hitting the horn/emergency button either!

They're a bit 'shiny, but do the job nicely . I got one red, and one blue - can post pictures of my own if anybody would like to see them - but they're pretty much as pictured here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fixed my key from popping out the Fob 1637266114942

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I asume that fellow Jeepers preventing the key to come out of the fob in a permanent or semi permanent way do not take their doors and roof off, or they do remove them and leave the center console and the glove box unsecured.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought key holders from amazon, no more hitting the horn/emergency button either!

They're a bit 'shiny, but do the job nicely . I got one red, and one blue - can post pictures of my own if anybody would like to see them - but they're pretty much as pictured here.

1637266114942.png
@MacombRoger

I see these are made of TPU..... the other Chinese ones I tried and said were way heavy were metal... and looked quite like these... These are probably lighter. The weight (metal) of the covers I tested was what I took issue with most.

@ELJeffe77

Not sure if a Tazer JL is something you will be buying to use with your JL, but the Tazer JL can disable the panic button/horn honk...

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
@MacombRoger

I see these are made of TPU..... the other Chinese ones I tried and said were way heavy were metal... and looked quite like these... These are probably lighter. The weight (metal) of the covers I tested was what I took issue with most.
Well that makes more sense, a metal cover would be heavier, also could reduce the range of wireless lock/unlock. These are lighter than metal, guessing a couple ounces. :) Hard for me to compare as I also have a Bronco carabiner on my keys (Hey it was free from Ford). :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Fixed my key from popping out the Fob keyrin

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
@MacombRoger

@ELJeffe77

Not sure if a Tazer JL is something you will be buying to use with your JL, but the Tazer JL can disable the panic button/horn honk...
These are like a hard coated plastic - not heavy at all, and easy to put on the key. They're a bit 'shiney', but assuming you don't mind that, they're great!

As for the disabling of the panic alarm, good to know - i'll have to get a tazer mini in the future - ty!

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well that makes more sense, a metal cover would be heavier, also could reduce the range of wireless lock/unlock. These are lighter than metal, guessing a couple ounces. :) Hard for me to compare as I also have a Bronco carabiner on my keys (Hey it was free from Ford). :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Fixed my key from popping out the Fob keyrin
You are asking for Trouble, putting those two together

Sponsored

Nash_Dj

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you lock glove box or center console?
With the key, I just pry it out, use it and push back in its wedged (by dried hot glue) channel. The key sticks back in place and it is strong enough to disable the release button/spring action.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
A little hassle when you need the key, but then, when has anyone needed it?
Hm. I use my key all the time. I have a hood lock and gas cap lock installed, and I lock it up if I ever go somewhere in town.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
With the key, I just pry it out, use it and push back in its wedged (by dried hot glue) channel. The key sticks back in place and it is strong enough to disable the release button/spring action.
Ahh ok. I was thinking you just had a dot of glue, not filling the whole spot. Lol. I used hockey tape for a bit then just got a couple silicone ones. Does the trick.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still using a strip of super 88 black tape on mine, been on for over a year or so and works great, I don’t find issue with factory fob size but I don’t carry any keys on the fob….actually I don’t carry any keys period.
Sponsored