FIX: front seat stuck forward or seatback won't return to upright position

Cuda318

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2024 Willys
Just picked up a 2 door 2024 Willys and both Seat Position Returns do not work! They move up or back with the seat adjustment but as soon as you use the top release to move the seat all the way forward the memory stone slides all the way back. I popped both sides out to find the metal tooth has no "TOOTH". In other words it is completely rounded over so it has no chance of grabbing the holes in the track. Looks like they were stamped incorrectly. Will be going back to the dealer to see if replacements are available. Seriously for the amount of money they charge you for these you think something as stupid as this gets caught in quality control!!!

20240312_173420.jpg

2024 Willys.jpg
So.....update.....In addition to the memory stone not working the left side forward seat bumper which contacts the track stop broke and was laying on the floor. The dealer is replacing the entire bottom seat frame and tells me that it comes with the memory stone and it will work as intended. I doubt that because when I asked about the driver side memory stone he says....wait for it.....oh it is designed to only work on the passenger side that is where you should be accessing the back seat from anyway, you will have to reset your driver seat each time you get in.....AYFKM I reached out to mopar online parts and got this reply....

"Thank you for your response. As per the VIN number provided, the part number 68485519AB is not correct for your vehicle. Additionally, I do not see this sold separately for the vehicle as well. I would suggest checking with a local dealer about any open TSBs or recalls."

So essentially Jeep can not and does not give a crap about this but they are probably tired of dealing with it so just tell the customer to reset your seat and there are no replacements parts for that. Um....OKAY then why do you install it into the track......I doubt any corporates are reading these threads, but this is absolutely stupid!
Sponsored