Sponsored

FIX for key fob key opening in my pocket every ten minutes.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I'm continually confused by putting things OVER the giant fob, taking it from giant to ginormous, but whatever floats your boat.

I've said it in the other threads, but I took mine apart, rigged the spring so it doesn't make the key pop open when the button is depressed, and reassembled.

I bought my JL in April '19 so I'm basically at 1 year of ownership and the number of times I've needed the actual key or regretted doing this: ZERO
I took mine apart and put the spring in backward so that the key springs shut. But then I never need the key for anything.
Sponsored

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
The new fob is about the same length but not as wide as the original fob. There is a built in slot for the key so I can still use it for the glove box/console. Pictures below. There are also a million different color combos....
Ok Iā€™ll say it. This is also handy as a valet key/fob setup. Just donā€™t lose the key in the posh hotel youā€™re staying at.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I took mine apart and put the spring in backward so that the key springs shut. But then I never need the key for anything.
See, that's actually what I did, too. You can still get the key out but it helps to have a knife or even fingernail to catch it and pull it out.

I never use the locking interior storage so I just don't need the key, and if keyless entry should ever fail then I can still pry my key open to use it on the door

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
From another thread on here I just inserted a small piece of heavy paper beside the key. Works great, cost = 0
I did the same thing but with leather. It's more luxurious than paper.;)

IMG_0435.jpeg

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
See, that's actually what I did, too. You can still get the key out but it helps to have a knife or even fingernail to catch it and pull it out.

I never use the locking interior storage so I just don't need the key, and if keyless entry should ever fail then I can still pry my key open to use it on the door
My wife is the only one that uses the locking interior storage so I make her get her key out if I need in.

AJR2025

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I recently got the AJT designs fob. It works well. Definitely watch the instructional video they have on their site.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I used a black rubber O ring from my parts bin.
Sponsored