Sponsored

Fix for Hot Air blowing every 30 min while A/C on?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer gave me the service bulletin. It took him a while to find it. It’s number 24-006-19.

96D239C0-F97F-4A73-B5DA-EB81F74A9534.jpeg
From another thread......
Sponsored

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Posted an update in the thread referenced by brewtus98. Problem not fixed in my JL

Sponsored

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
So I brought my 19 JLUR in for this TSB, 24-006-19. Dealer checked it , found no troubles codes and said sorry, that's just the way it is. I asked if they would re-flash per the TSB, and they gave the attached doc and said there's nothing to fix and wasn't interested....so I don't know if there will ever be a solid fix for this based the attached Star Case canned response note.

Attachments

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
So I brought my 19 JLUR in for this TSB, 24-006-19. Dealer checked it , found no troubles codes and said sorry, that's just the way it is. I asked if they would re-flash per the TSB, and they gave the attached doc and said there's nothing to fix and wasn't interested....so I don't know if there will ever be a solid fix for this based the attached Star Case canned response note.
Find a new dealership. Your doc is dated 2018, this update is 2019. Clearly Jeep acknowledges the issue exists as they released an update for it. Why would you let them run you off with an old star case note from last year? Sounds like a shady dealership.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Find a new dealership. Your doc is dated 2018, this update is 2019. Clearly Jeep acknowledges the issue exists as they released an update for it. Why would you let them run you off with an old star case note from last year? Sounds like a shady dealership.
I don’t necessarily think it’s a shady dealership. Jeep Cares says it’s normal operation, even though as you correctly point out they provided a fix to the “operating as designed” issue. I honestly think Jeep and or FCA is trying to avoid fixing this issue. My dealer reflashed the fix and I still had the issue v

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been disconnected for months and it’s perfect, no more bursts of hot air so I may never reconnect it

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Old thread, but ironically I was at the dealer today trying to get this TSB done. Dealer referenced the old star case from 2018 saying its normal and I argued back that the TSB is from 2019. They are telling me my software is up to date (which is impossible, since the last time I was at the dealer was 8/2018.)

I got tired of arguing and dropped it. May try another dealer.

Curlylocks38

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
This is oddly enough normal operation... ONLY if there are NO DTCS and NO HVAC faults. It’s to implement fresh air into cabin but is obviously more noticeable on warmer days while running the AC. It’s all apart of the “fresh air inlet”.
We keep ours on recycle but it still cycles hot air blowing out the lower vents every 10 minutes in trips longer than an hour on the roads.
Sponsored