Sponsored

Fix for Hot Air blowing every 30 min while A/C on?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I know the current work around was disconnecting the air door connector behind glove box to prevent the hot air from coming through vents when A/C on.

Was this issue ever resolved via a TSB or update now or for 2019's? Do 2019's do this as well?
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This is oddly enough normal operation... ONLY if there are NO DTCS and NO HVAC faults. It’s to implement fresh air into cabin but is obviously more noticeable on warmer days while running the AC. It’s all apart of the “fresh air inlet”.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
So its a feature, not a bug
Only an issue if you live somewhere hot and humid like I do in south Texas, this should be addressed thru a TSB,

Seriously do we honestly need fresh air brought into a vehicle that’s designed to have the door and top come off, it’s not an airtight space shuttle

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I live in Fl. My soft top seems to be adaquately ventilated

Only an issue if you live somewhere hot and humid like I do in south Texas, this should be addressed thru a TSB,

Seriously do we honestly need fresh air brought into a vehicle that’s designed to have the door and top come off, it’s not an airtight space shuttle

Sponsored

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
I have not had this issue in N Fl over the summer at all, crazy! I have had this Jeep since early May.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
If I want fresh air, I usually just roll the window down. Since I didn't buy a submarine, it usually isn't an issue. ;)

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

1603322B-F7B8-4E64-901A-3A4FD23627E2.jpeg

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Well, I can tell you that sometimes the outside air is undesirable. I live in the DC area and people tend to smoke pot during the commute....mind you.... I go to work at 4:00am and come home at 2:00pm. Between the ingested pot smoke emanating from cars in front of me and driving past a sh!t treatment plant on my drive, I don’t want outside air circulating in.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I know the current work around was disconnecting the air door connector behind glove box to prevent the hot air from coming through vents when A/C on.

Was this issue ever resolved via a TSB or update now or for 2019's? Do 2019's do this as well?

Is there any documentation covering the actual method to disable this so-called air door? I'm having trouble locating anything specific here on the forums.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I haven't had this happen yet but have had the reverse. Heat on and suddenly cold air blasts out the seams of the glove box. Related.

Anybody have anymore links to thread on these issues

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I haven't had this happen yet but have had the reverse. Heat on and suddenly cold air blasts out the seams of the glove box. Related.

Anybody have anymore links to thread on these issues
The damper door that controls the recirculation vent partially opens automatically (and randomly) allowing outside air to enter the cabin unregulated and unfiltered, apparently by design.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...oor-vents-for-3-5-mins-then-stops.9720/page-8
Sponsored