Sponsored

Five Months for a Rear Bumper... Thanks Poison Spyder / Quadratec!

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A4, 2006 Dodge Durango, 2020 JLR 2 Door Sting Grey
I ordered the Poison Spyder Rear Crawler Bumper from Quadratec and the PS Tire Carrier from 4 Wheel Parts the first week of January. Both deliveries were advertised to be in March. The tire carrier was delivered in March, but the bumper is now scheduled for mid-May.

I contacted Quadratec multiple times. The first response was "no delivery info yet." I reached out to Poison Spyder after that and they said Bumpers were shipping the first week of April. Just contacted Quadratec again yesterday and they said the new delivery date is mid-June! I insisted they reach out to Poison Spyder for an update and now they say mid-May.

I get that things are still f-ed up from the pandemic, but really... 5 months! I really think someone messed up somewhere along the order process.

By the way, the price from Quadratec jumped from $759 to $1100!
Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I feel your pain, although I haven't waited quite as long as you! I ordered a Warn Elite Series front Bumper on Feb 26th with an estimated shipping date of mid March. I've had to reach out to the online store I ordered from about 10 times now and the delivery date keeps getting pushed back! Same with some rock sliders I ordered through another online store, ordered Feb 26th with an estimated 6 week lead time, never heard anything from the online store and after contacting them today they said it will be another 2 weeks! :(

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
i'm still trying to decide on the ARB rear w tire carrier... $3600 installed w a few accessories.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I won't deal with Quadratec any longer. Have had several fraudulent charges to my credit card from them. Then got them contacting me over an order that doesn't show up in my account listing on their site.

They have big time problems and anyone who can't protect my privacy and billing details won't get my business.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I used to think quadratec was a decent place to buy stuff. After my recent experiences I’m done and I will not speak kindly about them. In the last few months they have screwed up my orders, billing etc on multiple orders. My most recent saga that I’m still dealing with and is hands down the worst issue:

- I was already frustrated with Q for issues with other orders and was thinking I was done with Q. But they had a great deal on the wheels I wanted and so I ordered them in early March giving Q the benefit of the doubt due to covid issues. It was a great deal and supposed to be delivered end of March.
- they charged me $15,xxx for a set of wheels when they were ready to ship and I call them to get whatever mistake happened fixed.
- They fix the $15k error but cancel my order and sell my wheels they ordered for me to someone else because they fixed the issue by killing my order, but I didn’t know this at the time.
- after I didn’t get any notifications for my order anymore, I called them about 1.5 weeks later. I find out they canceled my order and wheels went to next person in line. So they place a new order at the same price and now I have to wait another month. This is annoying, but hey mistakes happen and obviously something crazy happened to my order to get charged $15k, so I’m annoyed but still can understand the situation.
- now it’s about a month and I just saw a charge 2 days ago for ~$600 more than it’s supposed to be and too afraid to say anything before I get a ship notification because I don’t want them to cancel my order again and make me have to wait another 1-2months for my wheels.

When I found out my order got canceled I asked to have a manager contact me (for some reason they can’t transfer you to one)... I was told so&so would call me by yada yada date. 2 days past that date I called again to have a manage call me, still no one at Q cares enough to talk to a customer that they have clearly screwed up bad with and this is now 4weeks ago. The sales people you talk to on the phone are very friendly and nothing against them, but something is broken at Q and they need to fix it

I don’t know what is going on at Q, but they used to be decent to order from. Now they screw up a ton of orders and are near impossible to get them to respond. I’m not someone who publicly bad mouths a company, it takes a lot for me to get to the point where I’m F’ those guys and will air my issues publicly.

Scooby, I know it’s too late since you’ve already done business with them for your bumper, but I’d highly recommend not doing any further business with Quadratec.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think the problems lie with the fact that almost 500k Wranglers have been sold since 2019. Add that to the BS Covid shortages and you have a recipe for nothing being in stock. Q has lost some cred over the years but is still a decent place to shop, IF the part is in stock.

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
I ordered the Warn Elite from 4 Wheel Parts in Jan, about 3 weeks before receiving my JLUR. On my first inquiry they told me they were waiting for it from Warn. The end of Feb I called again and was told the ship date from Warn is the end of Jun. I know steel is getting in short supply. I may reach out to Warn and see what they say.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Quadratec and other websites dropship from companies like PS.

My wife ordered some inner fenders for me for Christmas from Northridge in like October and we didn't get them till February. We called NR a few times only find out that they placed the order through the company when we ordered on NR, but the company was backed up and that is just how long our order took. Now, could quadratec have been a better middle man? Probably. NR kept us updated with what the company was telling them, which was nice.

Pistol527

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara-JL
I just ordered a VKS Fab rear bumper and it came in a week and a half. Sweet bumper and comes in bare steel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scoobyj

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE! Now Quadratec is saying mid/late June for the order to end up at their warehouse! So... most likely early July for delivery! 6 MONTHS! Hope everyone else has better luck!

OP
OP
Scoobyj

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd UPDATE! So after 6 months, the bumper finally shows up! DAMAGED! The box was destroyed, bumper loose inside, no packing, no hardware. The bumper was dropped on its end and damaged, and powder coating was damaged in many locations. I refused delivery. Beer time! This is how Poison Spyder DROP SHIPS a product!
Jeep Wrangler JL Five Months for a Rear Bumper... Thanks Poison Spyder / Quadratec! IMG_3101.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Five Months for a Rear Bumper... Thanks Poison Spyder / Quadratec! IMG_3092.JPG

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
2nd UPDATE! So after 6 months, the bumper finally shows up! DAMAGED! The box was destroyed, bumper loose inside, no packing, no hardware. The bumper was dropped on its end and damaged, and powder coating was damaged in many locations. I refused delivery. Beer time! This is how Poison Spyder DROP SHIPS a product!
IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3092.JPG
They are taking DROP shipping literally.

I ordered a poison Spyder bruiser front bumper and lower skid. My lower skid was like that as well. I accepted anyways since i knew I would trash it, but if the main bumper was damaged I would have rejected.

Shipping is getting more and more careless for sure

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scoobyj

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, So Cal to Las Vegas! Need to fix those roads!
Sponsored