Sponsored

Five Months for a Rear Bumper... Thanks Poison Spyder / Quadratec!

Mechjk43

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Ouch. Glad you didn’t have someone else sign off on it without paying attention!
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
2nd UPDATE! So after 6 months, the bumper finally shows up! DAMAGED! The box was destroyed, bumper loose inside, no packing, no hardware. The bumper was dropped on its end and damaged, and powder coating was damaged in many locations. I refused delivery. Beer time! This is how Poison Spyder DROP SHIPS a product!
That really sucks. I feel for you. You've been waiting a long time and only to find out you're going to have to wait again. Its really a crappy feeling (I've been there before). All that excitement and feeling like the saga is over and you can move on, only to find yourself back where you started.

How much did you have your heart set on that bumper in particular? Because what I see here is not a Quadratec issue, but more poor package by Poison Spyder. And getting a replacement might not yield better results. If you're open to looking at other bumpers I will say LOD or Shrockworks will leave you happy if you like their designs. The way they package their products they do not arrive damaged. But both companies can have a 1 month and upto 2 month wait

OP
OP
Scoobyj

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A4, 2006 Dodge Durango, 2020 JLR 2 Door Sting Grey
I boxed myself into a corner. I also ordered the PS tire carrier that mounts onto this bumper. It has been sitting here since early April!
I received an ACE front bumper last year that had some scratches in the powder coat, not a deal breaker for me. This PS (POS) bumper was screwed up in shipment. Every protrusion has some damage.
Just got back from a jeep run over Wheeler Pass, North West of Vegas this morning. Had a beer and ready to get Quadratec on the phone to see what they can do! I'll even pick it up in Cali if I can!
Jeep Wrangler JL Five Months for a Rear Bumper... Thanks Poison Spyder / Quadratec! IMG_3094.JPG

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Oh I thought it was your front bumper from the pics, forgot you said rear in your first post. Yeah rear bumpers I find are much more different from brand to brand.

Good luck. I know Quadratec will be helpful on the phone, but the question will be when will you get your product. I almost wonder if it would be helpful to call PS themselves.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Isn't PS owned by the same fine folks that own 4WParts? The quality of PS is not what it was in the past.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scoobyj

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A4, 2006 Dodge Durango, 2020 JLR 2 Door Sting Grey
Isn't PS owned by the same fine folks that own 4WParts? The quality of PS is not what it was in the past.
Yes they are! I was impressed with what was left of the bumper. The tire carrier is very nice. Just need the bumper to mount it!

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes they are! I was impressed with what was left of the bumper. The tire carrier is very nice. Just need the bumper to mount it!
I think you missed the complete and total sarcasm. TransAmerica and 4WParts are a JOKE.