Fitment AND QC issues with LOD signature sliders

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Got my sliders today. Unfortunately they didnt pack the accent pieces well enough and 4 of 6 are scratched up. Plus one of the sliders has a big gouge out of the paint. Go to install and the front bracket on the drivers side wont line up for the bolt. Was bent near a quarter inch away from where it should be. Had to use a c-clamp and heat to bend it in to get the bolt in.

Then here is the kicker...before i bought the i called and asked their proceedure if i had issues with powdercoat or warranty. They said they would cover return shipping. So before install i give them a call about the accent pieces being scratched to hell. First they till me i have to cover shipping and then they have no idea when they will have these parts in stock. BIG OL WTF Moment there.

Plus youd think they would want the pieces displaying their logo to look good. Hell these were the worse of the bunch.

20180627_133249.jpg

20180627_133227.jpg

20180627_132805.jpg
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My fitment was perfect and the coating was great. I did more damage dropping the passenger side off the jack, lol. I was missing a few bits of hardware (which I have yet to receive) but I have a ton of hardware so I made do. Overall my experience with them was good.

I bought these to protect my ride from the big rocks I like to drive over and scratches are inevitable which I touch up with some rattle can paint. I understand your reaction however. I would just bust out the rattle can myself.

OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you receive the self tapping bolts for the back most hole? The once I received don't look like self tapping to me.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Certainly get your WTF moment. I'm waiting for the LOD Destoyers to come out and at almost $900.00 a set I kinda expect them to be new without damage or fitment issues. . Perhaps i expect to much ??

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you receive the self tapping bolts for the back most hole? The once I received don't look like self tapping to me.
I did, but I haven't installed them. They are trilobial and hence self tapping. If you look at them from the end, you will see that the threaded area isn't round, it's actually 3 sided. I need a 7/16" drill bit to install them.

I didn't receive the flagged bolts for the front mounts. I was able to reach into the frame on the passenger side and install a nut though. On the driver side I'm just using the through frame bolt. Now that I have skid plates installed I'm not likely to remove them to just install 1 bolt, lol.

Sponsored

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Certainly get your WTF moment. I'm waiting for the LOD Destoyers to come out and at almost $900.00 a set I kinda expect them to be new without damage or fitment issues. . Perhaps i expect to much ??
Waiting for the same. 8 weeks ago they said "two more weeks".

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
In mho poor customer treatment. You no gonna get my $$$$. I saw where jar stepped up to make it. LOD needs to

OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got northridge involved. 30 days for the parts and return shipping covered by LOD.

Mw90001

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Waiting for the same. 8 weeks ago they said "two more weeks".
They don't really seem to care about their customers. They won't reply to a simple email\multiple emails. Must be so busy they can't be bothered with those who would like to pay them money.

OP
OP

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If i was one of these companies every prduct in dev would have a contdown timer or quarter estimate justto cut down on the phone calls. Its. Ot likeits that hard to update features like that tokeep ur costomers excited and in the loop.

Whether i buy a set of bumpers from LOD will greatly depend on the timliness and quality of my replacement parts
Sponsored