First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I also need to thank you, this might be the photo that sold me on Gecko.
I’m also thinking of ordering a bright color for my 2022 Rubicon 4Xe. The wife has sting grey and I really like that color, but I’ve had whites, grays and blacks for a while. I think I’m ready for something that pops. Not sure if Gecko would be doable for me long term but it does look bad ass. Hoping for new colors once the 2022 build guides are in!

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Especially seeing people who have ordered around when I ordered and they are already in JB. I'm still in parts gathering.
I guess the silver lining for me is I should be able to see what 2022 has in store as far as new options go, if its something I can't live without I should hopefully be able to cancel this order and make a new one. I just really want Gecko, I have a feeling it won't be available for long, hopefully I'm wrong though.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I guess the silver lining for me is I should be able to see what 2022 has in store as far as new options go, if its something I can't live without I should hopefully be able to cancel this order and make a new one. I just really want Gecko, I have a feeling it won't be available for long, hopefully I'm wrong though.
My understanding was the Gecko would only be available to order May and June. What options re you thinking would be worth giving up the color? I wish that Jeep allowed options to be custom. Instead of having to choose the next model up. If you cancel isn't your deposit forfeit?

Tudor97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My dealer said 4th of July weekend would be the absolute best case scenario and it could be as late September when the 2022 arrive on the lots. Pretty weird situation going on with gecko in my opinion.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding was the Gecko would only be available to order May and June. What options re you thinking would be worth giving up the color? I wish that Jeep allowed options to be custom. Instead of having to choose the next model up. If you cancel isn't your deposit forfeit?
honestly I'm not sure if anything would make me give up the color to be honest, Uconnect5 would be tempting, other than that I can't think of anything that would even be on my radar. deposit would probably be forfeited I would think.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer said 4th of July weekend would be the absolute best case scenario and it could be as late September when the 2022 arrive on the lots. Pretty weird situation going on with gecko in my opinion.
yeah mine just said sometime in July and that gorilla glass was holding It up, but also said if I removed gorilla glass it wouldn't matter much as far as when its built, so I decided to leave it be.

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I'm thinking about trying to get mine financed to take advantage of the 0% financing and any other potential discounts for the memorial day sale.

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
Took off the hardtop for the summer and installed the Bestop top. Looks great on it!

8E329E06-4E76-40B6-A90A-3BFB008EE92B.jpeg

F2D0A5A2-3B24-4DDC-AE42-082969059E46.jpeg

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
honestly I'm not sure if anything would make me give up the color to be honest, Uconnect5 would be tempting, other than that I can't think of anything that would even be on my radar. deposit would probably be forfeited I would think.
I would just do a credt card chargeback. My dealer didn't inform me or show me any paperwork stating the deposit was non-refundable.