Sponsored

GordyJr

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Rubicon
We ordered our Gecko Rubicon 5/3/21. We got a Vin about a week later and it went to D status, but nothing has happened since. Anyone else seeing movement on a Gecko order? PS...I'm SUPER EXCITED!!!!

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Let me feign responsible. At least for a week. The real struggle is cloth or leather?
IMHO that depends on where you live.
When I lived in TX, leather in a Jeep was unbearable. Now that I live in CO, we ordered leather - with heated seats of course!

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
IMHO that depends on where you live.
When I lived in TX, leather in a Jeep was unbearable. Now that I live in CO, we ordered leather - with heated seats of course!
Yeah, definitely the heated seats! I'm in Northern Nevada, so probably not unlike your experience in Colorado. I'm leaning cloth, I have it in my JLR and it's nice, but I have a dog now so was thinking I'd treat myself, but the leather isn't getting great reviews and our local dealership isn't exactly well stocked, and besides, whenever I'm there I feel.....dirty. lol.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Yeah, definitely the heated seats! I'm in Northern Nevada, so probably not unlike your experience in Colorado. I'm leaning cloth, I have it in my JLR and it's nice, but I have a dog now so was thinking I'd treat myself, but the leather isn't getting great reviews and our local dealership isn't exactly well stocked, and besides, whenever I'm there I feel.....dirty. lol.
Yeah, if you're buying off the lot you're definitely at their mercy. If you choose cloth & later want Leather, Katzkin makes super nice stuff. But I wouldn't imagine you wouldn't want leather if you're putting the dog on your seats. Cloth + Bartact seat covers!

Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, if you're buying off the lot you're definitely at their mercy. If you choose cloth & later want Leather, Katzkin makes super nice stuff. But I wouldn't imagine you wouldn't want leather if you're putting the dog on your seats. Cloth + Bartact seat covers!
I wouldn't buy a car from them, just walking near the lot makes me check to see if my wallet hasn't been picked.

Just looking for examples, would like to see it, since I'm pretty much ordering the color sight unseen :)....

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I wouldn't buy a car from them, just walking near the lot makes me check to see if my wallet hasn't been picked.

Just looking for examples, would like to see it, since I'm pretty much ordering the color sight unseen :)....
Yeah, I agree. I went to my 'local' dealer & couldn't get out of there fast enough. The sales guy I called didn't even remember that I called him when I showed up - nor did he have any notes on what we discussed, what I was after, etc. Plus their bottom line price is sticker.

I ended up finding one about an hour away that is *fantastic* - and has pricing far below invoice.

Thank God for the photos in this thread of the color! Fingers crossed.

asm1125

First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Has anyone thats ordered a Gecko gone into D1 status yet?
Just called my dealership to get my VON and I'm glad I did as they ordered a JLUR as opposed to a JLR which I clearly stated... waiting on a call back from my sales rep to see where we go from here as there's already a VIN assigned...

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Just called my dealership to get my VON and I'm glad I did as they ordered a JLUR as opposed to a JLR which I clearly stated... waiting on a call back from my sales rep to see where we go from here as there's already a VIN assigned...
Nooooo!!!!! My dealer made me print, sign, scan & email the build back to him for approval. And I found a few mistakes - several times. I can't tell you how many versions of that dang thing we have. But it's right - quadruple checked against my anal-retentive spreadsheet. :)

Part of my issues was trying several combinations to get half doors working with Gecko. No go. :-(

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nooooo!!!!! My dealer made me print, sign, scan & email the build back to him for approval. And I found a few mistakes - several times. I can't tell you how many versions of that dang thing we have. But it's right - quadruple checked against my anal-retentive spreadsheet. :)

Part of my issues was trying several combinations to get half doors working with Gecko. No go. :-(

The half door issue is a real disappointment. Dealer asked if i wanted a different color to get the door group.

Nah.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
The half door issue is a real disappointment. Dealer asked if i wanted a different color to get the door group.

Nah.
I agree. I’d rather pay through the nose at the parts counter and have to get them painted.
we’ve toyed with ordering a new one for a year. Never got motivated enough over the colors. Once Gecko dropped, we were on the phone with the dealer the same day.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. I’d rather pay through the nose at the parts counter and have to get them painted.
we’ve toyed with ordering a new one for a year. Never got motivated enough over the colors. Once Gecko dropped, we were on the phone with the dealer the same day.
The half doors are great, but I might just get some tube doors powder coated.

I have the Sting Gray on mine, I like it but, you know, it just is sort of gray. So Gecko drops and I check used values.

I hope the new owner likes gray.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed!

I will be ordering a Gecko Green Mojave Gladiator in the spring......... gonna look nice next to our Mojito JL
you sure about that if you love the mojito better won’t you always look at the other one and think mojito is better, and take some of the fun out.. maybe go another direction so they aren’t fighting over who is the favorite