Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
With the jk hypergreen came out about May/ June 2016. It was then available for a few months as a 2017 and then they offered purple for only 1/2 year.
I believe they can only make a certain number of colors at a time.
Hypergreen was never available in all models either.
In the old factory they had a hard limit on colors. I think it was 9. When they retooled that changed, so it is just marketing now.
Sponsored

Ready2Flyfish

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon (2 door)
My Sarge Green JL Rubicon 2 door looks like puke green compared to that Gecko! Very cool and why not break away from standard thought, that's what Jeeps are supposed to do.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
So does this have a pearlescent look to it, like a bit of metallic flake?

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
So does this have a pearlescent look to it, like a bit of metallic flake?
No. it’s a flat finish like a number of other popular colors. Chief, Nacho, Sarge, Hellayella and Firecracker Red come to mind.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
No. it’s a flat finish like a number of other popular colors. Chief, Nacho, Sarge, Hellayella and Firecracker Red come to mind.
But if the specs indicate pearl coat, then maybe they have changed it since the JK version, which was a flat clear finish.

Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
But if the specs indicate pearl coat, then maybe they have changed it since the JK version, which was a flat clear finish.
Yeah, that's what confused me, If this is pearl like the spec seemed to indicate...awesome.

Sponsored

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Anyone know where I can pick up those black headlight bezels?

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Ok I need some help. The dealer we’re ordering our Gecko Rubicon from said the half doors won’t go through with Gecko, no matter which top & uppers we choose. The dealer contacted the Chrysler rep to confirm - even though the build tool allowed it for a day last week.
The dealer rep didn’t know how long Gecko would be available nor did he know if or when half doors might be available with Gecko.

I’m thinking we jump on the order with full doors so we can snag Gecko & solve the half doors over the part$ counter later. I’d hate to risk losing Gecko betting on half doors showing up sometime later - if ever.

Am I thinking clearly? Am I being rash?

Gecko lovers - talk sense into me.
We do want Half Doors & Gecko in the end. No other colors compare.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Ok I need some help. The dealer we’re ordering our Gecko Rubicon from said the half doors won’t go through with Gecko, no matter which top & uppers we choose. The dealer contacted the Chrysler rep to confirm - even though the build tool allowed it for a day last week.
The dealer rep didn’t know how long Gecko would be available nor did he know if or when half doors might be available with Gecko.

I’m thinking we jump on the order with full doors so we can snag Gecko & solve the half doors over the part$ counter later. I’d hate to risk losing Gecko betting on half doors showing up sometime later - if ever.

Am I thinking clearly? Am I being rash?

Gecko lovers - talk sense into me.
We do want Half Doors & Gecko in the end. No other colors compare.
Are the half doors colored? I'm not up to speed on that. But with my Punk'n color. I just about wouldn't trade that option for anything else. GOtta get the color you love cuz it will be gone.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Are the half doors colored? I'm not up to speed on that. But with my Punk'n color. I just about wouldn't trade that option for anything else. GOtta get the color you love cuz it will be gone.
When the half doors come from the factory, they’re painted body color from the factory. When you buy them from the parts counter you have to get them painted, plus assemble them with all the door handle & latch parts, interior trim, etc

I agree with you on the color.

mark1733

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada Jeep JK
When the half doors come from the factory, they’re painted body color from the factory. When you buy them from the parts counter you have to get them painted, plus assemble them with all the door handle & latch parts, interior trim, etc

I agree with you on the color.
Are the doors available at parts departments yet? I am having a tough time finding them.
Sponsored