Sponsored

Fishbone step sliders - reviews / impressions?

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I don't get the purpose of rocksliders with a step at or near the sill height of the the jeep. I spent the money and bought the LOD armor lite sliders, which have an integrated step (~5" below the sill), and it is unusable.

I personally dont see the benefit to having a step any less than 12" below the sill, otherwise you end up so far above the door that you actually have drop down and twist yourself in position. Plus, when you go to get out you now have to clear an additional 2-3" of rock slider before you can reach the ground.....you will be wearing what is ever on those rocksliders on the back of your calves.

I am gonna try the add on step that the LOD Armor lite sliders provide, but even it may not be enough for the wife to use it effectively. I may be putting my rubi rails back on.

Am I the only one who notices this?
Interested to see what others have to say.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I don't get the purpose of rocksliders with a step at or near the sill height of the the jeep. I spent the money and bought the LOD armor lite sliders, which have an integrated step (~5" below the sill), and it is unusable.

I personally dont see the benefit to having a step any less than 12" below the sill, otherwise you end up so far above the door that you actually have drop down and twist yourself in position. Plus, when you go to get out you now have to clear an additional 2-3" of rock slider before you can reach the ground.....you will be wearing what is ever on those rocksliders on the back of your calves.

I am gonna try the add on step that the LOD Armor lite sliders provide, but even it may not be enough for the wife to use it effectively. I may be putting my rubi rails back on.

Am I the only one who notices this?
Interested to see what others have to say.
Nothing to add. You nailed it.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
As far as rock sliders go. These are the best. No body bolts, all frame and you can get them as either steps or just guards. Have them on my Jeep and I can attest that they will do an excellent job.

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/
Sponsored