"Fish People" mad at Jeep?!

Documan.Terry

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 1989 V3500 3+3 Chevy, 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
People just like free publicity to their cause, regardless of how justified it is.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Do you really believe that idiots need a commercial to teach them how to be stupid? It comes naturally.
Agree..This is like saying we need to ban video games because it makes some teenager go Rambo on a school.
Deeper problems than an ad correlate to people being reckless in life.
I am sure there are places with running water that do not contain fish habitat that are possible to tread lightly. I am an avid fly fisherman, not all running water contains or is habitable by fish...

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Next time I go to the car wash I will make sure that the doors are closed!

DaveTreharne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Apple ļ£æ
I had never heard of his organization (and guessing many others as well) before his publicity seeking stunts. Hmm... let's speak out against one of the most popular commericals on the Super Bowl, in an effort to get more benefactors at their (Jeep's) cost. Shrewd.

Also, if that happens, the more donations to the non profit means more money that he can pay himself as president and CEO of the organization. Just thinking out loud... I wonder what percentage of donations actually make it to preservation causes and not salaries or lobbying...
They're just out for a check, we don't have time to pay attention to petty people like that.

Sponsored

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
You might be surprised to find out what's real and what's CG'd/created on TV. The could've VERY easily brought in a bunch of gravel and stones/rocks, even some trees if they want, and create the rest digitally
Or even without CG, they can do a lot... in the middle of a Metropolis like Vancouver.. this ad got about as many butt-hurt reactions of wasting water, setting a bad example, etc.

I do agree with Phew that there will be impressionable Jack@$$e$ that just do it so they can ā€œdo the Jeep thingā€ like the myriad of D-bags who park ā€˜like a Jeepā€™ or whatever else for non intrinsic reasons, but I think itā€™s a question of tempering actions from both sides.

IMO, equally as bad as the hyper-sensitive people , are those that will go out and do something just to pi$$ them off or to say ā€œyou canā€™t contain meā€ with no regard for anything, the balance should be between the two extremes closer to a rational middle. Go out, enjoy the great outdoors, but donā€™t ruin it for other people or animals just you (generic you) can put your mark on it, or someone showing off on YouTube how they are the Kardashians of the off-road world.

Tread lightly is part of the challenge, balancing access and enjoyment with proper stewardship of public lands & resources so everyone can enjoy it. :jk:

One of the advantages to working on park land is being forced to consider things you otherwise wouldā€™ve taken for granted, like using vegetable based hydraulic fluid instead of petroleum (itā€™s fricking expensive, but after having broken a few trenching rigs on hills, the need is easily understandable & acceptable, because itā€™s not all or none, but a balance).

From the other end, it always amazes me when people make a huge deal out of a single river crossing or the concept in general, yet they forget that all that oil & pollutants still flow downstream and into aquifers from the road, just further down the system. Kinda like river sewage treatment effluent just upstream from another townā€™s intake/reservoir. Sure a mountain lake or upper stream may be above all that, but the imoact of salt, oil, etc on general roads, likely has infinitely more impact than the few river crossings... though driving UP a river bed, IS a little excessive, and the one in the Cherokee video doesnā€™t even pose a challenge worthy of any sense of pride for having done it.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, equally as bad as the hyper-sensitive people , are those that will go out and do something just to pi$$ them off or to say ā€œyou canā€™t contain meā€ with no regard for anything, the balance should be between the two extremes closer to a rational middle. Go out, enjoy the great outdoors, but donā€™t ruin it for other people or animals just you (generic you) can put your mark on it, or someone showing off on YouTube how they are the Kardashians of the off-road world.
Kind of like a well adjusted, mature adult? There's a concept....