none

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Purchased the foam cannon and the soap, I'll let you know how it works. Thanks.
Good luck! I cut out the instructions on the box and put it in my tool cabinet so I wouldn't forget how to get more foam out of the cannon. The more closed the valve knob is, the thicker/more foam will be produced. You have to use a good quality soap. I bought the Chemical Guys solution made for foam cannons. The first wash I poured 2 oz of solution and topped off to the fill line with warm water and didn't experience any issues. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, great work. Have you ever suds and power washed inside of your Jeep? Seems like seats would get soaked and things would start shorting out!
Removed carpet after 2nd week and headed to beach.. pull plugs and hose it down no pressure kept it off seats as much as possible but good as new!! The mud day well there are still hints of it around but only notice it if you paid for it 😉

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I hand wash mine year around (less in the winter) in the driveway. I never use a pressure washer just because I don’t want to get it out all the time. We have hard water where I’m at that really shows up on black. So I use my backpack blower after I’m done washing to help dry and blow water out of all the nooks and crannies. Then I hand dry to get whatever I missed.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Wrangler Wash - PITA Screenshot_20210408-154451_Photos
You know, I've read that folks use their blowers and I always forget to try that. Thanks for reminding me, because we here in San Antonio also have hard water and man, it'll spot in a second in the heat. I'll try to remember that the next round, especially now that we are heating up. Your rig looks great, BTW.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
I had to drive a very short distance on a dirt road after a rain. My brand new jeep looked like I spent the day off road. Mud sprayed all over the side . Even on the door handles and a nice coating of mud. I ordered quick release mud flaps that will hopefully limit the mud spray during every day driving.

Anyway, decided to wash it, discovered no gas for the power washer so I decided to use a regular hose and sprayer with my suds bucket instead of going 8 miles to the nearest gas station and filling up my 5 gallon gas can.

Bad move. It took forever, everytime I thought I was done I would find another nook and cranny that was muddy. Some places impossible to clean like behind the hinges around the fenders and by the rock rail. I think with a power washer cleaning will be easier but still not as easy as a jelly bean shaped car.

I hesitate to take through zippy car wash. My last car, a Jeep Trailhawk had a scratch straight down the back by the rear windshield washer. I could not figure out what caused it and I came to the conclusion the only thing that could have done it was Zippy car wash. I am thinking these giant boxes on wheels called Wranglers may take a worse beating in a car wash and I doubt a car wash would clean the hard to get spots. Plus I have the Sky Onetouch top.

For those of you that like to keep your Jeep clean between adventures, what is your strategy?
Pick up a 10", soft bristle, car/truck wash brush at your local Flying J or Pilot truck stop. Make sure it has a threaded hole to accept a standard wooden broom handle. Works great to get into all the small nooks and crannies, as well as on the entire Jeep.

Use mild car wash soap in a bucket and you will be good to go.

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
You know, I've read that folks use their blowers and I always forget to try that. Thanks for reminding me, because we here in San Antonio also have hard water and man, it'll spot in a second in the heat. I'll try to remember that the next round, especially now that we are heating up. Your rig looks great, BTW.
I cant imagine with that kind of heat. I already have a hard enough time where I’m at with the hard water. Thanks, I appreciate it.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
One thing I've found that works REALLY well for all the nooks and crannies is what is sometimes called a "Gong Brush". I can't imagine washing my Jeep without one.

I got a couple at Auto Zone that are nice. The bristles have "flagged' tips I think they call it. It's where they kind of split the ends of the bristles to make them softer. This makes it less likely to scratch the paint.

I got two of them and I scratched the word "Clean" on one and "Dirty" on the other. I use the dirty one for under the wheel wells and under the bumpers and usually the wheels and tires. The clean one is for the painted surfaces like the hinges and the afore mentioned nooks and crannies like the hinges, the Jeep emblems, grill, etc.

I use the dirty one first, hose it off, then the clean one and hose it off and then use a mitt to go over the whole thing.

I only do a good cleaning like this once in a while when it starts to look like it needs it and the drive-thru car wash isn't cuttin' it. I take it through the touchless car wash by my house that does a really good job for what it is. I wouldn't take any vehicle through one of those ones with the brushes. I really only need to do real wash about every 4-6 weeks, or after going off-roading all day.

I applied CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic to the whole Jeep when it was new and that really helps the dirt come off easy. That stuff is amazing. Seriously.

One thing I do every time I wash it, whether it's when I do a "real" wash, or the drive-thru, is I dry off the door and tailgate jambs and the rubber seals with a towel. I've always done this on every car I've ever owned. It makes such a big difference. If you don't do it, they get water spots and just look nasty in no time at all and makes the car look like an old used car. It's all in the details and this is quick and easy to do.

Also, hit the rubber seals every once in a while with 303, or some other silicone protectant. Not because it looks good, but because it lubricates the seals and allows them so slide a little and keeps all the little squeaks and things from happening and actually keeps that "new car quiet" thing going. I also keep a very light coating of silicone grease on the rear window seals on the hardtop. Theres a bunch of threads on here about strange noises back there and I think this fixes 90% of those.

Having said all that, I get my Jeep seriously dirty, but I'm not one of these people that thinks you should leave it dirty because "It's a Jeep". A nice, clean Jeep is a beautiful thing and I keep it clean as much as possible, but I love getting it dirty. That's when you're having the most fun in it. I don't get it when people have a Jeep and wouldn't dream of taking it off road and getting it dirty.

I plan on keeping this thing forever and I'd like it to develop a nice patina over time, so I'm going to use it like a Jeep and take good care of it.
Yes, what you said, by your washing technique,we could be brothers separated at birth. My residence is now a landmark, when people need directions, they are told it’s out there, where that guy is always washing his Jeep !

Sponsored

Azreed2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I hand wash mine year around (less in the winter) in the driveway. I never use a pressure washer just because I don’t want to get it out all the time. We have hard water where I’m at that really shows up on black. So I use my backpack blower after I’m done washing to help dry and blow water out of all the nooks and crannies. Then I hand dry to get whatever I missed.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Wrangler Wash - PITA Screenshot_20210408-154451_Photos
Nice wheels. Did you buy them with the red accents or get them done?

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Awesome. Any luck bagging a big ol' Tom? Had one perched on my backyard deck this morning. They are getting to numerous as squirrels around here.
No but we talked one in to within 100 yards. He just wouldn’t commit. On the way out I showed my son my boot print walking in and there was a turkey print over it. I feel like they were just messing with us at that point. :CWL:
Sponsored