First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
For those of you that like to keep your Jeep clean between adventures, what is your strategy?
I employ a hose, bucket, spray nozzle, wash mitt and a undercarriage washer on wheels to get everything I can.
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Drive thru car wash gets it 85% clean. I plan on supplementing with a foam cannon on the weekends.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Like what @JEEF the soft brush helps get in the tight spots but only after I blast all the big stuff off the paint. Topcoat F11 is another polish/sealer that makes cleanup much easier. Now if all the pollen would go away so I could clean the layer of yellow out of the inside. Weather has been great so naked jeep = pollen covered interior

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I ordered quick release mud flaps that will hopefully limit the mud spray during every day driving.
I installed front mud flaps on my Rubicon because the front tires were sending small stones to my front doors. I still get some stone impingement and I still get mud up to my door handles.

I have been using a do it yourself car wash but the results are mediocre at best. When I get time, I will wash it by hand in the driveway, but it is a PITA.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I ended up washing and waxing it for the first time last weekend. I do the Meguiar's 3 step waxing process and have used an orbital for my previous cars. I thought the Jeep would be easy because there's no roof. But nope....turns out that the orbital machine was pretty much useless because of all the nooks and crannies all over the place. It ended up taking the entire day vs about 2 hours for my other vehicle.

I'm starting to understand that the Jeep isn't a time saver, it's not a gas saver, it's a hobby and you're buying into that and the adventures.

Sponsored

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
You have changed my life. That is genius. Trying that this weekend.
Glad I could help! It don’t get it completely dry but it definitely saves me some time at least for a lot of the water

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
One of the unexpected costs of Jeep ownership is................ cleaning the driveway.

The first time, I was surprised at the amount of mud on my driveway! Out of pride I left the mud there for 3 days :sun:
I came back from a winter Moab trip one year with red mud all over the Jeep. The next day, we had an unexpected rain shower. I came outside afterwards and found a massive red ring of dirt all around the Jeep, in some places an inch or two thick. 😆

I lived in an apartment at the time, though, with no way to hose the spot in the parking lot down. And it had baked to a hard crust in the heat, so couldn't be swept off either. So my little piece of Moab stayed there for about a year before another very rainy day finally washed it away.

It was hilarious, but I still started discretely taking the Jeep down to a local spray & wash stalls to hose off the worst of the dirt after that. ;)

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
FLJeeper
What is that gun thing in your photo?
I too use my blower to pre-dry my vehicles.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Mine will be two years old next month. I live in the country, and it's 3 miles of gravel to get to pavement. I've never washed it. I do pull it out of the garage if a heavy rain is forecast.
Jeep Wrangler JL First Wrangler Wash - PITA 1617811170529
Sponsored