First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Welcome back! Do you have some new wheels yet!
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all, I am looking forward to moving forward. I have replaced the JL and will share more soon.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Hello all, it has been a while. I wanted to drop a line and say thank you all for the well wishes and support while I was on hiatus. I’ll be back to posting real content soon and join the forum discussions as time allows.
Glad to hear from you again. Can't wait to see what's next.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Hope we can stay informed as to what happened. My money is on a mechanical failure. Also, I can't help but wonder if it took off like that because the electronic throttle hung and came down in RPM too slowly, just exactly like when you mash a JL accelerator at a plain old stop light....

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hope we can stay informed as to what happened. My money is on a mechanical failure. Also, I can't help but wonder if it took off like that because the electronic throttle hung and came down in RPM too slowly, just exactly like when you mash a JL accelerator at a plain old stop light....
Could have been the Jeep’s fault, BLM’s fault, EJS’s fault, spotters’s fault. Who knows!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
With all the tiptoeing around, I don't think this will be the place where fault is decided and we'll probably never know anyway. What I think we all know is that it was an accident. We can support all involved with prayers, kindness, donations, or however we feel compelled. I would hope nobody views welcoming comments to Jeremy as taking any kind of stand on the accident or any slight against Laura. He is a member and friend of the forum. As far as I know, she is not, but certainly has captured our hearts, too.

While we're each entitled to opinions on fault or blame, wisdom is sometimes most evident in restraint. I personally believe it is also ok not to have an opinion at all, while still offering warmth and support to those involved.

Thanks to @peevanweelden for sharing that link and info. Many of us have wondered and worried about her. This is a great way to offer her some support. She certainly remains in my prayers.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
With all the tiptoeing around, I don't think this will be the place where fault is decided and we'll probably never know anyway.
Actually, I have decided that, despite his implications, that it isn’t the BLM’s fault. It isn’t the EJS’s organizers fault. It wasn’t his spotters fault. And, it damn sure wasn’t the spectators fault. Nor was it Jesus’s fault for not taking the wheel, or whatever his flippant comment was. He should have shown some remorse or contrition instead of his arrogant, condescending comments (now all deleted). If he couldn’t, then he should have stayed under the radar till he could.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I have decided that, despite his implications, that it isn’t the BLM’s fault. It isn’t the EJS’s organizers fault. It wasn’t his spotters fault. And, it damn sure wasn’t the spectators fault. Nor was it Jesus’s fault for not taking the wheel, or whatever his flippant comment was. He should have shown some remorse or contrition instead of his arrogant, condescending comments (now all deleted). If he couldn’t, then he should have stayed under the radar till he could.
Sorry, not sure what you are referring to. Never saw any of that.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry, not sure what you are referring to. Never saw any of that.
He deleted all YouTube comments, including his own when some stopped being complimentary. He poked a bear with a stick as well. Not smart.

He had a list implying all the different at fault parties, entities. He wasn’t on the list, lol. I guess taking a little responsibility for your own actions is a lost character trait.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the post, but there is likely context within which those posts were made. It looks like a defensive reaction to a lot of internet finger pointing and speculation, which was certainly happening at that time. I prefer not enter that debate again. I think it is time for forgiving and healing for them. I hope all are able to do both.
Sponsored