SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Anything you go on at Hidden Falls in a stock (non-Rubicon) JLUR, water won't matter much. There are a few large pools that can swamp Jeeps when they are full ... so be careful about just driving through for fun unless you know how deep they are! But for the trails, I'd think that if you stick to level 2 trails, you will have no problems at all. You can try some level 3 ... but will be scraping and banging, and might get stuck on some obsticles without lockers. Just have someone with you with a winch. The 3's should not cause any serious damage as long as your speed is under control - just badges of honor on those factory skids. Some tips ... the stock sport springs are really sensitive. Every extra pound of passenger or stuff in the vehicle will compress them to the bump stops. So definitely take off your doors if you can and dump out as much of your extra gear as you can before wheeling. There's a place to store doors at HF which is easy (never heard of any theft). There's also some camping areas where you could probably leave a mound of 'stuff' covered by a blanket to get exra weight out of the back. Again, I've done both and never had any issues. That will give you some extra clearance for your approach, breakover and departure angles and to get up hills. It sounds like a little obsessive, but taking all that weight out will really help you - especially without any lockers or rear limited slip. Same with the hardtop, if you have one. Get that off.
Good stuff, thanks. I do have the limited slip, but not sure how much help that is. I'll bring the shade and take the top off if we can.
Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wet and wild will be difficult
Indeed! I've been there once in some light rain that followed a few days of heavier rain. You'll definitely have to take your time and be a little extra cautious on some of the obstacles. The rocks will be extra slick. I didn't have a winch at the time so I avoided the muddier spots. Some of them were a good two feet deep..

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Indeed! I've been there once in some light rain that followed a few days of heavier rain. You'll definitely have to take your time and be a little extra cautious on some of the obstacles. The rocks will be extra slick. I didn't have a winch at the time so I avoided the muddier spots. Some of them were a good two feet deep..
I barely made it through that one in November during a drought. But that was also still on stock KOs

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Wet and Wild is a 4, so I will watch you guys :D
It’s a 4 because of one obstacle that now has a bypass around it. And the last time we went I discovered that I could actually make it over the obstacle and it wasn’t as hard as I’d imagined. That said, it’s not passable in a stock or near stock Jeep.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The obstacle or the whole trail? I'm figuring I'll stick to the 1/2's unless there are some super easy 3's.
I meant the obstacle. The rest of the trail is probably passable in a stock Jeep. Maybe a few challenges but nothing impossible or that’s likely to cause damage beyond maybe some belly scraping.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
jotm-2020-04.jpg
This one and just out of frame to the left is the main trail obstacle which is a tall rock step/ledge. Out of frame right is the new bypass which goes around both.

Sponsored

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL First trip to Hidden Falls July 10th? 48145268-DC37-4D5E-BBB6-015A94BDC932
Here is my Jeep at the same spot. I was still in stock form at this point, but I definitely recommend taking the bypass CT mentioned if you attempt this in a stock Jeep. It was really dug out and I lifted a tire on this as well.

You can also see the ledge obstacle to the left better in this pic.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It’s a 4 because of one obstacle that now has a bypass around it. And the last time we went I discovered that I could actually make it over the obstacle and it wasn’t as hard as I’d imagined. That said, it’s not passable in a stock or near stock Jeep.
I did it in stock form that same weekend I met you there. But there may have been some tires off the ground and scraping of the belly...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
48145268-DC37-4D5E-BBB6-015A94BDC932.jpeg
Here is my Jeep at the same spot. I was still in stock form at this point, but I definitely recommend taking the bypass CT mentioned if you attempt this in a stock Jeep. It was really dug out and I lifted a tire on this as well.

You can also see the ledge obstacle to the left better in this pic.
Yes. I went up the ledge. It was easier than I anticipated, but I thought you guys were the big ball studs of the day for climbing up that washout, front wheel in the air, looking at the clouds and feeling like you were going to flip over backward, but stayed in the throttle and made it look easy. I know it wasn’t because I tried several times and didn’t make it up there.

Imagine the fun when it’s a big mud hole.:)

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase