Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
It always saddens me to see what all the men and women have done for our country ..... and to see it today..... I still mourn the loss of my friends from Iraq.... I should have visited France when i was in there in Germany.... U.S Army here.... I'm still proud of what all the service people have done in and for our Country and always will stand for the National Anthem and Old Glory..... Thank you...
Total agreement Michael. Young men of my father's generation gave their lives. We can't seem to get some young men of today's generation to wear a mask by convincing them that the COVID they're statistically likely easily going to survive may get an elderly person sick and kill them.

Singapore has canning for littering....cleanest streets imaginable.

When I go to my dark side, sometimes I wonder if State sanctioned penalties for not thinking of others might have merits that exceed the costs to some people's liberty.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Total agreement Michael. Young men of my father's generation gave their lives. We can't seem to get some young men of today's generation to wear a mask by convincing them that the COVID they're statistically likely easily going to survive may get an elderly person sick and kill them.

Singapore has canning for littering....cleanest streets imaginable.

When I go to my dark side, sometimes I wonder if State sanctioned penalties for not thinking of others might have merits that exceed the costs to some people's liberty.
Yea, nothing says freedom and embodies the sacrifices made by our servicemembers like "caning" people for not wearing a mask. I think you had a stroke, go to the hospital.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Freedom isn't free is a lesson I work hard to teach my kids. Many have given so much for the love of America it is really hard to see all the disrespect and contempt that is so present today particularly in many younger people.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yea, nothing says freedom and embodies the sacrifices made by our servicemembers like "caning" people for not wearing a mask. I think you had a stroke, go to the hospital.
No Jim. Nothing says freedom and embodies the sacrifices made by our servicemembers than getting so mad that their sacrifices seem ignored by some 20 somethings, that congregate without masks today, that I'd simply think about wanting to cane them in a moment of personal anger, but realize that doing so would turn us into a Police State.

You'll pardon the "get off my lawn" sentiments of the elderly here, but selfishness or stupidity finds these kids thinking, "so what if I get COVID," ignoring their walking Petri Dish status that could easily infect and kill a elderly person.

As far as your suggest for my going to the hospital is concerned, even if I had a stroke, if I lived in Corpus Christi I might think twice--that is if the hospitals there had the room to accept me.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
No Jim. Nothing says freedom and embodies the sacrifices made by our servicemembers than getting so mad that their sacrifices seem ignored by some 20 somethings, that congregate without masks today, that I'd simply think about wanting to cane them in a moment of personal anger, but realize that doing so would turn us into a Police State.

You'll pardon the "get off my lawn" sentiments of the elderly here, but selfishness or stupidity finds these kids thinking, "so what if I get COVID," ignoring their walking Petri Dish status that could easily infect and kill a elderly person.

As far as your suggest for my going to the hospital is concerned, even if I had a stroke, if I lived in Corpus Christi I might think twice--that is if the hospitals there had the room to accept me.
Andy, I served in our military for 23 years, I know a little bit about sacrifices. What I would like to point out to you is that I, like many other people that have served (and a lot of Americans in general) believe in an America that was founded under the principles of rugged individualism. I literally served so that people have the freedom to be selfish and stupid if they so choose, as long as they are not committing crimes doing so. As far as I know being sick is not a crime, and certainly being sick and not knowing it should never be considered as a criminal act. At the end of the day I signed no "social contract", I feel no responsibility for others success, heath, or well being outside of my family. I'd gladly sacrifice my life for your freedom, but I won't sacrifice my freedom for your life. I feel that people who are high risk or otherwise scared of contracting this disease should isolate themselves from society and let the rest of us live our lives without unnecessary government mandates. I'm sorry about the stroke comment, I was angry and lashing out.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Andy, I served in our military for 23 years, I know a little bit about sacrifices. What I would like to point out to you is that I, like many other people that have served (and a lot of Americans in general) believe in an America that was founded under the principles of rugged individualism. I literally served so that people have the freedom to be selfish and stupid if they so choose, as long as they are not committing crimes doing so. As far as I know being sick is not a crime, and certainly being sick and not knowing it should never be considered as a criminal act. At the end of the day I signed no "social contract", I feel no responsibility for others success, heath, or well being outside of my family. I'd gladly sacrifice my life for your freedom, but I won't sacrifice my freedom for your life. I feel that people who are high risk or otherwise scared of contracting this disease should isolate themselves from society and let the rest of us live our lives without unnecessary government mandates. I'm sorry about the stroke comment, I was angry and lashing out.
Jim--I get your point and appreciate your service.

I too appreciate that freedom includes the right to be selfish and stupid, but contagion requires, I think, for us to go beyond the law.

Let's look at law for sec. You'd probably agree that the right to yell fire in a crowded movie theater when there is none, is wrong not simply because inciting a riot is unlawful in most parts, (law being where your line is drawn) but because an individual's freedoms (to scream) shouldn't come at the expense of deny other people theirs (a standpede.)

Further, I still get your right to believe that allegiance to people (if not freedom) beyond you and your immediates isn't and shouldn't be required, but it is your very allegiance to this smaller group that is dependent on others wearing masks--and that's why, because you believe in fairness, I think you should wear yours.

Plenty of high risk people need to work to survive and need to stay home to not get COVID and survive. Your suggestion that they just stay home, I only wish, was so easy.
Sponsored