Sponsored

First time Wrangler Sahara buyer-Please help

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Can you help me to understand this? I am looking to buy these on my Jeep and will be moving back to the snow belt in a couple of years. I never considered that LEDs would be different in snow, how?
They don’t produce heat like a regular halogen bulb. So the snow doesn’t melt off. The lens just gets covered with snow.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
They don’t produce heat like a regular halogen bulb. So the snow doesn’t melt off. The lens just gets covered with snow.
WOW! Thank you. I never considered this...... I have been in the South for a long time!

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Definitely the cold weather package. Based on current Ohio weather I’ll be using the heated seats year round.

Without doubt the 8.4 audio unit is a must.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Heated seats and steering wheel are awesome, but with cloth you can't set them to anything above the lowest setting or risk being burned. Leather is much better for that (especially if you plan on using the "auto comfort" setting which doesn't allow a level setting)
Never had the issue with LEDs getting ice/snow caked although I'm certain it's possible. Had LEDs on my Subaru and the Wrangler I had this past winter. I know there were problems with LED traffic lights and they had to install heaters to combat the ice.
Sponsored