Six8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, 21 GMC 1500 AT4
Hey everyone!

My wife and I picked up a brand new Rubicon 392 today! Super stoked to join the Jeep community as this is our first venture into it.

Absolutely loving this thing so far but as I'm a giant person (6'8) I'd like to install the Desert Does It Seat Slammers.

Has anyone in the North Texas (DFW) area had these installed? Or know a place that would install them for me? I'm a little nervous to cut the brackets on my own.

Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Jeep Wrangler JL First time Wrangler Owner - 392 Rubicon - Desert Does It Seat Slammer IMG_2073
Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Hey everyone!

My wife and I picked up a brand new Rubicon 392 today! Super stoked to join the Jeep community as this is our first venture into it.

Absolutely loving this thing so far but as I'm a giant person (6'8) I'd like to install the Desert Does It Seat Slammers.

Has anyone in the North Texas (DFW) area had these installed? Or know a place that would install them for me? I'm a little nervous to cut the brackets on my own.

Jeep Wrangler JL First time Wrangler Owner - 392 Rubicon - Desert Does It Seat Slammer IMG_2073
These just bolt in ... have a set somewhere in the mail as I type. That's about the only mod that's needed to make this seating position comfortable for me. The 392 is simply awesome (as a Wrangler). It's 99% to where my Trailhawk is for on road drivability and a whole lot more fun with the 6.4L. The perfect Jeep.

OP
OP
Six8Blake

Six8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These just bolt in ... have a set somewhere in the mail as I type. That's about the only mod that's needed to make this seating position comfortable for me. The 392 is simply awesome (as a Wrangler). It's 99% to where my Trailhawk is for on road drivability and a whole lot more fun with the 6.4L. The perfect Jeep.
Yea this 392 is amazing.. The ones you are talking about though are the ones that raise the front of the seat. The Seat Slammers actually require you to cut the back of the rails on the seat, dropping the whole seat 2 inches.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Yea this 392 is amazing.. The ones you are talking about though are the ones that raise the front of the seat. The Seat Slammers actually require you to cut the back of the rails on the seat, dropping the whole seat 2 inches.
Ah apologies... yes I'm just needing a little more tilt. My JK seats are great... the JL needs a little more slant for me to be comfortable (at 5'11"). Good luck on yours.

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Santa brought me a set seat slammers (option 2, I'm 6'5) and I can't wait to put them in! I don't have a 392 but my diesel is probably the same. The first step in the instructions is to disconnect the batteries and that is the part that actually worries me the most....lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Six8Blake

Six8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa brought me a set seat slammers (option 2, I'm 6'5) and I can't wait to put them in! I don't have a 392 but my diesel is probably the same. The first step in the instructions is to disconnect the batteries and that is the part that actually worries me the most....lol.

haha why is that? Is it a pain in the ass?

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Is it a pain in the ass?
I haven't done it yet but it does seem like a PITA. The aux battery is under the main battery and some peeps pull the RT side fender liner/skirt to get to it. The aux battery can also be accessed by pulling the main battery and an electrical panel but that doesn't seem like any fun either. Not sure which way I'm gonna go as of now.

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Here is a link to a video of what it takes to get to the aux battery.

Last edited:

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
You don't have to get to the lower battery to "disconnect the battery" as instructed, although I can't see just why you would have to. If you just remove the ground that leads to the frame/engine, both batteries are disconnected. As I remember there are two 10mm nuts and one 12 or13mm on the negative post. If you remove the larger nut and the wire with it from the battery, the two batteries are still connected together but isolated from the Jeep systems. Now I'm speaking about the 3.6, but the method should be the same if there are two batteries on the 392. [RANT.. The moron "engineers" who had to complicate things by adding a motorcycle battery to this system should be shot. "Hey, lets bury the thing way under the other battery in the fender well" I can see them all now having a good laugh. Maybe they are part of THIS BUNCH

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

... I'm a little nervous to cut the brackets on my own.

The whole lower seat frame is a couple hundred bucks MSRP and like $140 online. So, its not the end of the world if they are muffed. That said, I think would be a low probability of messing it up. Measure twice, cut once.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
You don't have to get to the lower battery to "disconnect the battery" as instructed, although I can't see just why you would have to. If you just remove the ground that leads to the frame/engine, both batteries are disconnected. As I remember there are two 10mm nuts and one 12 or13mm on the negative post. If you remove the larger nut and the wire with it from the battery, the two batteries are still connected together but isolated from the Jeep systems. Now I'm speaking about the 3.6, but the method should be the same if there are two batteries on the 392. [RANT.. The moron "engineers" who had to complicate things by adding a motorcycle battery to this system should be shot. "Hey, lets bury the thing way under the other battery in the fender well" I can see them all now having a good laugh. Maybe they are part of THIS BUNCH
I didnā€™t think the 392 had auto start/stop. If thatā€™s confirmed, there wonā€™t be a 2nd battery.

OP
OP
Six8Blake

Six8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t think the 392 had auto start/stop. If thatā€™s confirmed, there wonā€™t be a 2nd battery.
You are correct. The 392 does not have auto start/stop. So with that being said am I good to just disconnect the main battery?

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
The only V8 engine with eTorque start/stop as standard is in the Wagoneer trims and is optional in the Ram trucks.

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Isn't this stop start supposed to save fuel/ cut emissions? So why not on a 392 but they put it on the diesel which I think is complete lunacy.