Sponsored

First time Wrangler buyer. Diesel special at dealership

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Hi

So I have been wanting and browsing for a Wrangler for the past year or so, been wanting an actual fun vehicle instead of my Rav4 Hybrid

I won’t be taking it off-roading, daily driver and fun weekends getaway vehicle is what I will be using it for

I have been searching around and I found a dealer that is offering a 2020 Unlimited Sport in Bikini Pearl Coat with the 2 main packages I want, technology and cold weather

The only thing is, it the new turbo diesel.

I have never owned a diesel before and have heard many different opinions in them

However, the dealer is offering $8k off MSRP of $46k, which is a great deal I think and right in my budget range.

But I am weary on the diesel part

Anyone have any input or opinion on this special? This deal is running cheaper than most other gases in my area

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That's a pretty crazy discount. I wouldn't be concerned about the diesel. Great fuel economy, more power. It's not new per se, it's been in the Ram in prior years, this is just reworked.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi

So I have been wanting and browsing for a Wrangler for the past year or so, been wanting an actual fun vehicle instead of my Rav4 Hybrid

I won’t be taking it off-roading, daily driver and fun weekends getaway vehicle is what I will be using it for

I have been searching around and I found a dealer that is offering a 2020 Unlimited Sport in Bikini Pearl Coat with the 2 main packages I want, technology and cold weather

The only thing is, it the new turbo diesel.

I have never owned a diesel before and have heard many different opinions in them

However, the dealer is offering $8k off MSRP of $46k, which is a great deal I think and right in my budget range.

But I am weary on the diesel part

Anyone have any input or opinion on this special? This deal is running cheaper than most other gases in my area

Thanks
Diesels are not ideal for some driving habits. What are your driving habits like? Longer highway trips or a lot of short trips?

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Totally agree. Put a little time into such a big decision. It sounds like a good deal but why are they doing it?the other thing is just read some forums and see what owners are saying. While it isn’t a first gen engine, I would still read up.
Diesels are not ideal for some driving habits. What are your driving habits like? Longer highway trips or a lot of short trips?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Are you sure about that discount? I got 11% off MSRP (5% off invoice) on a 2021, but your deal is 17% off MSRP. This is the best discount I've seen on a (somewhat) fresh, in-demand unit. Yes...I know that a 2020 is almost a "left-over" now that the 2021s are about to come out.

Thoroughly vet the deal, and then buy it if you like the diesel engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yolobaggins

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
80% highway driving. An hour round trip most days for work, etc

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
80% highway driving. An hour round trip most days for work, etc
I'd do a little more research to see if 30 minutes one way on the highway is enough for the regen cycle.