First time Jeep owner; WOW

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
@Turbomark congrats on your new Jeep. There is now only one thing that you must do ….. it’s extremely important….. do NOT forget: “drive the crap out of it and have fun!!!!!“

if you are gonna due some mods, don’t let your daughter pick any of them. she can do that in 7 years but for now, you really don’t need pink stickers of ponies all over it.
Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Some 33 or 35's would look nice on those rims.

OP
OP
Turbomark

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude
@Turbomark congrats on your new Jeep. There is now only one thing that you must do ….. it’s extremely important….. do NOT forget: “drive the crap out of it and have fun!!!!!“

if you are gonna due some mods, don’t let your daughter pick any of them. she can do that in 7 years but for now, you really don’t need pink stickers of ponies all over it.
Haha, 💯

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
Nice Jeep! Best of luck with it. I ordered the Altitude package and I am really hoping to get it with the AT tires vs. the AS.
Did you order your Jeep or buy it off the lot?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbomark

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice Jeep! Best of luck with it. I ordered the Altitude package and I am really hoping to get it with the AT tires vs. the AS.
Did you order your Jeep or but it off the lot?
Thanks! The dealer already had our Wrangler on order. I pulled the build sheet to confirm it had all the options we wanted and then we placed a deposit. Arrived about 2 weeks later. The build sheet and window sticker listed “all-terrain” tires.

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Nice! Within 48 hours of ownership we added Mopar stepbars, led headlights, stubby antenna and fuel filler door. I’ve always been a sports car guy and owned a LOT of fun cars, so modding is par for the course, to me.
My first 2 mods were the fuel door and stubby antenna. Mine came with the tubular side steps but I sold them because I got a free set of rock rails. Every time I keep saying I‘m done, I find something else to do. The curse (or blessing) of being a JL owner!

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
My wife I just purchased our first Wrangler. 2021 Sport Altitude. We initially looked at Bronco but the QC issues became a concern. My wife has always wanted a Jeep so we test drove a few and wow, so much better on road than I expected. Hoping to add bronze wheels and 33’s at some point. We are loving it and so is our 9 year old. Maybe her future first car!
Welcome to the family and nice looking vehicle! Jeeps are great when you love them but like any vehicle out there, they have their little gremlins like any car manufactured in mass production nowadays. That said its an awesome vehicle if you like that type and will provide years of pleasure for you and your family.

If you plan on modifying it and are new to jeep world and modifications, all I can say is hang around these forums and read read read and read some more and then when that fails, post a question, there are lots of knowledgeable people here and like someone else said in a previous post, don't start believing your local parts store or dealer without verifying when it comes to modifications to a jeep as a lot of them are not passioned jeep enthusiast that spent years with jeeps and modifying them. There are some good dealers and stores for modified jeeps but they are becoming the minority too often nowadays.

Enjoy your jeep and don't forget to .../wave...:D

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase

I thought they were unicorns not ponies...?....:devil:

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
very easy to run up a nice tab accessorizing!!
Accessorizing, riiiiiiight, you have a funny way of spelling bankruptcy! :CWL:

It really is a slippery slope. I have more in mods than I want to add up, but probably $10,000. Am I done? Am I stopping there? My bank balance says, "Yes, dumbass, stop there!" But the list of stuff I want just keeps growing. Replace the stupid carpet with Armorlite, the number of hunks missing from my transfer case skid say I need a full belly pan system, and those are just two of the ~$1,000 mods I would do if I hadn't run out of money.

It's kind of the dark side of Jeep ownership, if you're someone who likes to tweak things, the amount of money you can spend tweaking things is almost limitless.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
Nice. Bronze wheels always look good on a black vehicle.

Choose wisely with tire size and wheel size to include offset/backspace. Don’t just buy what the guy at the tire store says is good.
Also keep in mind the tire pressure. A few pounds can make a big difference in the comfort level of the ride.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbomark

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also keep in mind the tire pressure. A few pounds can make a big difference in the comfort level of the ride.
I noticed dealer set them to 41-42 psi when warm. That’s usually about where I’ve kept other trucks for street driving.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Lower them to about 35-36 cold and you will notice a big difference.

Iguanamann

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
My wife I just purchased our first Wrangler. 2021 Sport Altitude. We initially looked at Bronco but the QC issues became a concern. My wife has always wanted a Jeep so we test drove a few and wow, so much better on road than I expected. Hoping to add bronze wheels and 33’s at some point. We are loving it and so is our 9 year old. Maybe her future first car!
EE4D51E2-3D69-421A-A7C3-B7E339524EEA.jpeg

192DE6BD-60E5-421F-A240-18D87B455237.jpeg
welcome to the club.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
People tend to be surprised when they buy into the hype of "all Jeeps drive terrible" then drive a new JL (properly sorted of course) and realize how much Jeep has fixed some of their past problems.

OP
OP
Turbomark

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People tend to be surprised when they buy into the hype of "all Jeeps drive terrible" then drive a new JL (properly sorted of course) and realize how much Jeep has fixed some of their past problems.
Yep, I was admittedly guilty of this assumption. Not anymore!
Sponsored